U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 06:13 PM

7,495 posts, read 9,765,419 times

Advertisements

I don't know??? Why are they? Trying to make female friends is like pulling teeth! It's so friggin' difficult!

I agree with former posts about how women are raised to be less direct, etc. Some were also raised by mothers who complained about their lives but never did anything to improve it, thus they grew up the same way. And speaking of mothers, if you were raised by a b&^%% the chances are higher that you might become one as well simply because you might not have learned another way of being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM

14,790 posts, read 14,053,165 times
Either I attract really great people, or I don't take notice of others that much.

Actually, I have a few male friends & will say men can be biatches too

Old 01-26-2011, 06:27 PM

19,078 posts, read 21,912,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
Either I attract really great people, or I don't take notice of others that much.

Actually, I have a few male friends & will say men can be biatches too
A buddy of mine went through a rough spot for a while. He was in a bad mood for a couple of years lol. A bunch of us were hanging out (more guys than gals, really) and my friend is sitting in a chair, looks up at us, and says "you're all b*tches". It cracked me up. Damn he was a cranky pain the ass.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
It has gotten to the point that if my co-worker is a woman I know there is an 85% chance she will not get along with me. Those are not good odds.
Try to keep such thoughts out of your head if you can. Remember if you're like me and have had a lot of really bad experiences with other women, you might start looking negatively on all women and they can sense that and it can make things uncomfortable, thus inviting cattiness that could've probably been avoided.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:48 PM

14,790 posts, read 14,053,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
A buddy of mine went through a rough spot for a while. He was in a bad mood for a couple of years lol. A bunch of us were hanging out (more guys than gals, really) and my friend is sitting in a chair, looks up at us, and says "you're all b*tches". It cracked me up. Damn he was a cranky pain the ass.
You'd get the idea in this thread that men never, ever get into foul moods.

How cliche, women are all b*tches -- you know -- sometimes you do reap what you sow

Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM

19,078 posts, read 21,912,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
You'd get the idea in this thread that men never, ever get into foul moods.

How cliche, women are all b*tches -- you know -- sometimes you do reap what you sow
Indeed. I'm sorry, but women that state they have issues with women in general just have personal problems. You only attract people of your own caliber. So, if you mostly know crappy people (men or women), it's time to look in the mirror. With that said, I've had the same best friends going on two decades now. I'm trying to get pregnant right now and one of my girls said to me if I couldn't carry it, she'd do it in a heart beat. That's about as amazing as a friendship could be. They're all incredibly wonderful women.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:01 PM

I have one female friend right now, whom I went to college with the first time I went. She's older than me, very beautiful, outgoing, sweet just the nicest person I know. She's been in the military for going on eight years now. Gosh I would love to see her again sometime.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:17 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,693,664 times
There are women bullies and alpha females just like among men. My daughter is approaching adolescence and seeing her go through things with her friends is giving me all new insight. Also I participate on a single parents forum, with mostly females, and I've seen read some crazy stories of intra-sister verbal violence. Take no prisoners type of stuff.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 PM

2,793 posts, read 3,207,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Try to keep such thoughts out of your head if you can. Remember if you're like me and have had a lot of really bad experiences with other women, you might start looking negatively on all women and they can sense that and it can make things uncomfortable, thus inviting cattiness that could've probably been avoided.
I have been practicing not judging women by the clothes they don't wear, on the internet. I have found it helps me have a better mood, sometimes.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 PM

2 posts, read 6,496 times
What is difficult is when you were fat and ugly in high school and were no competition...when that changes and you are thrown into the 'competition' - it is toxic. Plus in the work place with generational differences, relating with the former prom queens of 2000 when you graduated 10 years before as fat 'n pimply - coping is a challenge. I have really developed a dislike for my gender and wish I could just blow them all off !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or