Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 06:28 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,265 times

Advertisements

because they are sneaky snakes who think they are slick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 06:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
because they are sneaky snakes who think they are slick
They?

Old 09-30-2011, 06:47 PM

956 posts, read 1,767,297 times
I don't identify with this catty stuff- where I come from, the women are almost always better than the men. Unless, one just slavishly likes males no matter what. I treat other people well , period.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
I don't identify with this catty stuff- where I come from, the women are almost always better than the men. Unless, one just slavishly likes males no matter what. I treat other people well , period.
that's the one and only secret: treat other people well... Which implies respect, good faith and appropriate boundaries. True, you'll find some people who won't return your cordiality, but in the vast majority of cases you'll be fine.

I still think that people who complain about how others (speaking about a collective -women, men, ex-couples, work colleagues, the human species- and not on a per-case basis) are mean, jealous, selfish, trying to get all the attention, not to be trusted, etc.. are projecting in most cases.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:26 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
From a male perspective, I seem to have noticed over the years that many, not all of course, girls/women are just not very nice to each other. Also I've heard females speak enviously about the easy rapport males have with each other. Why is this? Is it a competitive thing? Is it that men are more direct? Do most women grow out of it? We like to say that women are the gentler, nicer sex, but is it really true. Please help educate the father of a daughter.
Competitiveness is natural with both sexes. Incidentally...most women are more vocal with their views, and some are more aggressive than others.

Fortunately, most mellow out as they mature (I have...I hope)

Old 10-01-2011, 07:08 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Some girls were catty in jr. high and high school, I remember those days well. Once I got to college, it seemed as if those days were behind me. I didn't even have any issues when I worked in a health care facility where the majority of employees were women. Now that I'm a mom with children in school, it seems as if it has started up all over again. I just can't get over the attitude and nastiness of some of these women...and I always make it a point to smile and be pleasant! I've turned to my husband after some of these encounters to see if it was all in my head and apparently it's not; He's witnessed these women be total b*tches to me.

I feel like common courtesy and decency has gone out the window with some women. If only I had a dime for every time a woman let a door slam directly in my face or walked through a door that I held open for her without ever acknowledging or thanking me! I can't say I've experienced this with men.

I don't know if it's the generation or possibly the area I live in or a combination of the two? I know I didn't feel this way a few years ago, so I don't know if it has anything to do with my getting out more with the kids and what not?

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 10-01-2011 at 07:22 AM..

Old 10-01-2011, 09:34 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
that's the one and only secret: treat other people well... Which implies respect, good faith and appropriate boundaries. True, you'll find some people who won't return your cordiality, but in the vast majority of cases you'll be fine.

I still think that people who complain about how others (speaking about a collective -women, men, ex-couples, work colleagues, the human species- and not on a per-case basis) are mean, jealous, selfish, trying to get all the attention, not to be trusted, etc.. are projecting in most cases.
Thankee, thankee but sadly I AM indeed living amongst such uncaring , flippant and mean people in general , including the men

Old 10-01-2011, 04:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Some girls were catty in jr. high and high school, I remember those days well. Once I got to college, it seemed as if those days were behind me. I didn't even have any issues when I worked in a health care facility where the majority of employees were women. Now that I'm a mom with children in school, it seems as if it has started up all over again. I just can't get over the attitude and nastiness of some of these women...and I always make it a point to smile and be pleasant! I've turned to my husband after some of these encounters to see if it was all in my head and apparently it's not; He's witnessed these women be total b*tches to me.

I feel like common courtesy and decency has gone out the window with some women. If only I had a dime for every time a woman let a door slam directly in my face or walked through a door that I held open for her without ever acknowledging or thanking me! I can't say I've experienced this with men.

I don't know if it's the generation or possibly the area I live in or a combination of the two? I know I didn't feel this way a few years ago, so I don't know if it has anything to do with my getting out more with the kids and what not?
I believe it's both. We are living in a more aggressive/abrasive societal mindset nowadays and yes, where we live also plays a part in this phenomenon. Let's say, Bronx versus Malibu. The latter would be more covert in their hostility...or are they???

Last edited by ans57; 10-01-2011 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-01-2011, 04:51 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,356 times
I'm nice to everyone in general, I treat men and women the same, but I always get different reactions and behavior from women. Men are always very nice, women...not so much. I don't understand it...I treat people accordingly, I would never be catty or treat someone with less respect "just because". Sadly I have to agree that women tend to be a little less kind towards each other in comparison to men.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:21 PM

663 posts, read 1,081,835 times
I prefer when people can be straight up and honest and most women I have known are the furthest thing from that. I work with almost all women and not a week goes by without a crap load of drama between at least two of them. My boss, a woman, regularly throws us "under the bus," but generally after making the person think they did a good job on whatever it was. The assistant boss, my direct supervisor, regularly reacts/speaks without thinking and can do a superb job of making a person feel like a dumb arse. She seems to pick on one of my co-workers a lot. There's a lot of backstabbing that goes on there, just in general. However, there is one guy in our group and he's the biggest gossip I've ever come across. I am most leery of the other women though. I make an effort to get along with the group i work in but I don't trust any of them, including gossip guy. He's easy enough to deal with, just don't tell him anything of any importance. He isn't one to make things up, just for the sake of gossip, but a few of the women will. Some women can just be ruthless, even ones you think are your friends. The office environment seems to make it even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships