U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 09:28 PM

19,078 posts, read 21,915,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePugx3 View Post
I prefer when people can be straight up and honest and most women I have known are the furthest thing from that. I work with almost all women and not a week goes by without a crap load of drama between at least two of them. My boss, a woman, regularly throws us "under the bus," but generally after making the person think they did a good job on whatever it was. The assistant boss, my direct supervisor, regularly reacts/speaks without thinking and can do a superb job of making a person feel like a dumb arse. She seems to pick on one of my co-workers a lot. There's a lot of backstabbing that goes on there, just in general. However, there is one guy in our group and he's the biggest gossip I've ever come across. I am most leery of the other women though. I make an effort to get along with the group i work in but I don't trust any of them, including gossip guy. He's easy enough to deal with, just don't tell him anything of any importance. He isn't one to make things up, just for the sake of gossip, but a few of the women will. Some women can just be ruthless, even ones you think are your friends. The office environment seems to make it even worse.
It probably has less to do with gender and more to do with the lower class, undereducated station the lot of you hold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 10:01 PM

663 posts, read 941,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn;
It probably has less to do with gender and more to do with the lower class, undereducated station the lot of you hold.
Sorry to burst your bubble but I am by no means undereducated. Not sure where you're at in life but I am an engineer and it took more than basket weaving classes to get there. I'm no Albert Einstein but I can assure you it takes more than a few brain cells to get through engineering school and professional licensing.

Take Midol much? If not, you should definitely reconsider.

I've worked for men and around more male coworkers in the past and there is far less drama in those situations. Especially men who are engineers. The general personality type loathe drama. Women can be impossible.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:22 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,160,978 times
Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but I am by no means undereducated. Not sure where you're at in life but I am an engineer and it took more than basket weaving classes to get there. I'm no Albert Einstein but I can assure you it takes more than a few brain cells to get through engineering school and professional licensing.

I've worked for men and around more male coworkers in the past and there is far less drama in those situations. Especially men who are engineers. The general personality type loathe drama. Women can be impossible.

Agreed. I worked in a mostly female-dominated atmosphere in Florida when I was working that part-time in addition to my construction job and women are by far more catty, backstabbing, and full of drama. I've been in construction(full and part-time) since I've been 15 and these are never issues with men.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 PM

663 posts, read 941,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka;
Agreed. I worked in a mostly female-dominated atmosphere in Florida when I was working that part-time in addition to my construction job and women are by far more catty, backstabbing, and full of drama. I've been in construction(full and part-time) since I've been 15 and these are never issues with men.
Exactly. In general, male coworkers are easy to get along with and mostly mind their own business. I'm not a fan of drama or working with/for women. The female factor in this office was a big apprehension of mine before taking the job 15 months ago....and I'm not surprised I was right to begin with. I am currently looking for a position elsewhere - same employer, different office. Luckily most engineering offices have more men than women. However, finding an opening in this economy is another story.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:24 AM

591 posts, read 747,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You dudes have your own issues. You go shoot a bunch of people.

Way uncalled for. mass murderers come from all races and all sexes. There are MANY cases of women murdering their own children.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
I laugh at the last part. Actually the more patriarchal a society is, the better women will be. Women compete with other women for men, regardless of society. HOWEVER, in a patriarchal society were marriage is strongly upheld, it's harder to snag another woman's man because most women will be married and the price of violating a marriage is high.

In less patriarchal societies, like today, more and more women are competing over a longer period of time since marriage is held to be optional. The generates much more ill will between women.
thank you for stating what I was about to.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
The reason women are competing for men is due to the search for a PROVIDER AND PROTECTOR, which is a necessity in a patriarchal society. If women were in a society where they could live safely and obtain what they needed without a man, the competition would be less fierce.

FYI, marriage has been found to benefit men more than women, which is why it still exists in a patriarchal society. Otherwise, it would be done away with.
Nonsense, It's women who cling to marriage like fools. Look at how much they spend on weddings (or want to). Men could get married at the Justice of the Peace and spend Nada.

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 10-02-2011 at 12:57 AM.. Reason: typos.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:14 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,221,794 times
I guess this is a bit of a tangent, and I haven't read the whole thread but doubt this issue has been raised ....... on the internet, packs of women seem to join hands in seeking out trolls (basically to them, anyone who disagrees or offers an unusual viewpoint). True trolls are insulting without offering anything to a thread, but these female cliques seem to gang up and get hysterical about anyone who contradicts the textus receptus, the holy view handed down for the generations (I'm thinking specifically of survival forums where I would criticize certain thoughtless but standard practices.)

Women are MUCH more into censoring on internet forums than men are. Calling someone a troll and asking for his or her banishment is the way they carry out that censorship. This can devolve into hen-pecking parties where they attack one of their own.

I guess this is another sociobiology thing, where evolution has shaped social behaviors. Maybe it's akin to other social primates like baboons, where the pack has older females hanging around on the outskirts that warn of danger, and are a bit hairtrigger about doing so ....... any snake or lion or leopard will cause the alarm to be raised, but even less dangerous animals can set them off. The males respond to that, but aren't usually so eager to pick a fight or attack some harmless animal.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:49 AM

19,078 posts, read 21,915,686 times
Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but I am by no means undereducated. Not sure where you're at in life
Fortunately, where I'm at in life career-wise isn't where you are.

Quote:
but I am an engineer and it took more than basket weaving classes to get there. I'm no Albert Einstein but I can assure you it takes more than a few brain cells to get through engineering school and professional licensing. Same goes for my friendships. I have amazing women in my life.

Again, you're speaking of yourself and your lot. Most women, most people, you have known are a reflection of you. Just as the people I know are a reflection of me, etc. Why that's so difficult to grasp for some I don't know. Generalizing your negative experiences onto millions is bigotry. Any how, roughly 50% of the people I work with are women. The vast majority of my male and female colleagues are professional, respectful, and productive people.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:46 AM

25,906 posts, read 36,349,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
Way uncalled for. mass murderers come from all races and all sexes. There are MANY cases of women murdering their own children.
Generally speaking, men are more violent than women. That quote was from something like two years ago and part of a conversation. It's something I bring up when people comment about how awful women are. It's fringe behavior so I recognize that only a fraction of men are like this.

Last edited by JustJulia; 10-02-2011 at 08:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or