Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 12:48 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times

Advertisements

Is your mother worth time to many other people? Or does she include herself when she says that women are terrible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 01:49 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, I work with women, who while walking past you, they check you up and down, to see what shoes, jewelry and so forth you have on.....lol
Where the heck do you work where that's going on???? Bizarre. Ive worked in a million places that has NEVER happened.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Is your mother worth time to many other people? Or does she include herself when she says that women are terrible?
Yes she is. She is nice to other people and has a strong social life while my taking care of my soon to be 3 year old sister and has a loving husband.

But not everyone is like her and she knows they exist. She was just giving me a heads up like most good parents do.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:11 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
If you consider maligning the majority of women (while conveniently excusing herself from the same category) as good parenting, sure.

You went on to say that other than two women you dated, the others were all *******, right? So I guess you really did take your mother's ideas to heart.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
If you consider maligning the majority of women (while conveniently excusing herself from the same category) as good parenting, sure.

You went on to say that other than two women you dated, the others were all *******, right? So I guess you really did take your mother's ideas to heart.
This coming from the woman who told me I should be happy my late fiance died.

You're the type she warned me about.

Yes, my mother was and continues to be a good parent. Is that a problem with you?

Don't bother answering.. Cause I won't respond to you any longer.

Old 03-15-2018, 04:18 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The OP is absolutely correct. Women don't support each other, mentor each other, and in many cases are trying to tear each other down.
I have encountered this as well. Luckily, I was taught how to "disarm" these kinds of women and men. For the most part, it works. For those who have a difficult time trusting other people, because that's what it comes down to, I make sure the interactions balance out, tit-for-tat.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:02 AM

116 posts, read 89,296 times
Why do women all go to the bathroom together? Because if just one leaves she knows the others will gossip about her.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:04 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think a lot of it is biology. Female animals frequently do not get along. A female establishes dominance to protect herself because she is vulnerable and afraid. In human terms, the more misogynistic the society, the worse the women are, because they believe that without male approval, they are nothing.
Oh, yeah, make the way women treat other women the fault of men.

Some observations:

I work with youth in my church, where older men teach the teen boys and older women teach the teen girls.

In our leadership discussions, we have noted that when a teen boy is uninterested in the discussion, he merely "zones out."

But in the girls' groups, when a girl is uninterested in the discussion, she disrupts it. She antagonizes the leader and pulls other girls out of the discussion.

Now, the dynamic in these groups for the boys is that they know and we know that no fistfights are going to happen, and one does, the grown men are going to win it. So a boy who is feeling rebellious is just going to zone out. We don't have to talk about it. It just happens that way.

That doesn't seem to be the dynamic in the girls's groups. The women who lead the girl's groups constantly search for ways to keep them entertained...rather than teaching them.

A second observation: My daughter used to work for a company owned and run by Iraq veterans, mostly men with few women. While she didn't like the rough-cut nature of interactions, she mentioned to me something I'd once said about a Marine colonel who'd once been my boss: "If I do something wrong, he'll tell me not to do it again, I'll tell him I won't, and then he'll say, 'Now, how 'bout them Cubs!'" In other words, among men once the boss has established his boss-ness, everything is cool.

My daughter saw that happening in a heavily masculine workplace. But she reports that her experience in heavily feminine workplaces has been that catiness rules, and catiness holds grudges a long time.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 06-30-2018 at 12:18 AM..

Old 06-30-2018, 03:44 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times
Sure, females can be mean to one another with their words...but males are ten times more likely to assault and kill one another. I'd say maybe chicks are onto something with the letting emotions out in a less permanent and damaging manner?

Old 06-30-2018, 05:14 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Sure, females can be mean to one another with their words...but males are ten times more likely to assault and kill one another. I'd say maybe chicks are onto something with the letting emotions out in a less permanent and damaging manner?
but we're not discussing how nasty men get, it's about woman and why they are so mean...women, I'm sorry to say, can be heartless to each other...I've felt the wrath of this mental illness from several women in my lifetime...

and believe that is why I chose to be alone...seriously do not like a lot of women, the drama, and how nasty they can be....I'd rather sit and talk with a bunch of men, then listen to the drama and gossip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships