U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 09:05 AM

2,054 posts, read 1,097,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and here in lies a perfect example....no, that isn't what I meant and you know it, why do you put words in my mouth. Not every single woman? Sheeesh

It was though known, that you just didn't do so...it was more or less, a code some of us lived by. Period. And why should something like this put you in attack mode, and please don't say your not? Anyone would realize, it surely doesn't mean "EVERY WOMAN" Yes, there were some women that still did it, but not to the extend that it is done now...for certain....you were considered indecent, immoral, untrustworthy, and worse things. Most woman, NOT ALL, did not care to venture.

I think they are, and I was referring to Hollywood. Those woman were there, what were they thinking when a man invited them to go out for a drink alone, most of those woman, not all, but most of those woman were only trying to get a jump start on their career's. Again, common sense tells you, you don't put yourself in that kind of position, especially after a man has had several drinks...you just don't go there.

My cousin's daughter keeps telling us, about all the rapes going on in college. Rape is unfair, but if it were me, I would never ever attend those kind of parties to begin with. Now if your walking down the street and someone grabs you, that's different, and while no one has the right to rape you, where ever you go, I certainly wouldn't put myself in a position where I knew, young men were drinking and attend those kind of parties. Period.

Your replies are a perfect example of someone who is unable to allow others their opinions and what is being talked about among many. You get all upset, I don't even know you and yet, you took my posts personal and went on the attack mode, why? You can disagree, but to get all hot and angry about it, is just plain silly...I wasn't attacking you, I don't even know you? Why would my post affect you so personally? Even more so, why would you allow it to? Why would you care, it's my belief, not yours...? Doesn't make me right and you wrong?
I did not attack you personally- if it came off that way, I apologize.

I am not at all bothered by your remarks. I am not upset by your remarks, I just needed a bit more clarification. I have asked you to explain what you meant and you took it as a personal attack. I assumed that this forum was a place where people could exchange ideas without being upset when people disagreed with them but I guess I was wrong.

Peace to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 05:56 AM

26,352 posts, read 24,511,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
I did not attack you personally- if it came off that way, I apologize.

I am not at all bothered by your remarks. I am not upset by your remarks, I just needed a bit more clarification. I have asked you to explain what you meant and you took it as a personal attack. I assumed that this forum was a place where people could exchange ideas without being upset when people disagreed with them but I guess I was wrong.

Peace to you.
No problem, it is very hard sometimes to translate words into feelings, when you are not face to face....a lot of times posts come off as being offensive, when they are not meant to be....and no, I didn't take it personal, but I thought you were being quit condescending...and curt. With that said, why don't we start/try again? I apologize, but there are women who do take posts personally and come back all angry and snarky...so, please forgive me also.

What would you like to know....?

I didn't say ALL women, didn't mess around, but back in my day, it was different, yes, there were some women who ran with married men, but certainly not to the magnitude that it happens today. My mother always said, "don't mess around with a married man, ever!" She taught us that it was a most disloyal and unkind thing you could do to another woman...most of us girls in school felt the same way and left each other's boy friends alone. But again, I grew up in a very small town...at the time...so? But that is honestly the way I was raised.

I realize not all women were or felt the same, but the majority then, respected it when someone was dating someone we liked, we didn't go there...it just wasn't done.

Again, I think that most of the Hollywood sexual harassment claims are bull...yes....

I think at the time, back then, most of those woman, not all, but most, were looking to give their careers a boost, and played right along with the game. Now that they are older, they are viewing it all in a different light, they don't like what they did, or how they acted and are blaming Harvey Weinstein. It was a known fact, back then and I know this from my cousin living and working in Hollywood, that if you were a woman, you boosted your career by playing politics and the games that Hollywood was known to play. So....but that's my opinion...I've heard that Hollywood has a reputation for being so much more political than Washington...Look at what happened to Mel Gibson? That was so unfair, sure he got falling down drunk and spouted off some very nasty racial slurs...he was angry, b/c Hollywood refused to back his movie, "The Passion". So he funded it all himself...and btw, his leading actor was also blackballed by Hollywood at the time...Jim Caviezel

Guess what I'm trying to say is this....If I don't want to become involved with anyone, I'm certainly not going to go and meet someone at a place where only he and I will be drinking together. Does that make sense?

I would suggest, if you don't want someone to mistake your posts as being snarky, then why put an angry face next to your words...it might help the conversation along....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-12-2018 at 06:15 AM..

Old 07-13-2018, 03:15 PM

107 posts, read 36,652 times
My wife is Latina and from what I've seen in her life, Latina women are worse when it comes to not getting along with other women and being mean to each other. A couple examples:
My wife had a weird tooth in the front of her mouth. Some idiot dentist in her home country put in a little tooth in the gap she had in front. So to me it wasn't that bad at all and I never ever heard a man mention it to her or to me.
But at her jobs, women would come up to her and say things like "Open up your mouth, let me see that tooth!" then they'd make some snide comment to make her feel bad about it.

Another different thing:
We met our new neighbors, a gringo man with a Latina wife, like me. The women were alone together for a couple minutes and later my wife told me that when my wife tried to make small talk with her as she was sewing curtains, the woman answered her very irritably and then did not speak another word to her. After that my wife refused to say hi or talk to her and vice-versa.

I told my wife, "Look, we're neighbors and I'm semi-friendly with the guy so when we see them on the street or such, just say hi to her even if she doesn't say hi back. Make her the "bad guy" if she doesn't want to say hi or talk, but at least you should say hi to her...

But my wife refuses. Two years now and these 2 won't even look at each other or say hi.

Women just have a different way of dealing with other women then men do dealing with other men.
For me to refuse to say hi or acknowledge another man who I see semi-regularly, he'd have to have done something really lousy to me! (And yes I do have a neighbor like that; after having not one, but two issues with me and both times him being a real jerk about it, I just stopped saying hi or acknowledging him. But these were major transgressions, not just a little thing like "one time he didn't talk to me when I was alone in a room with him"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or