U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM

4,220 posts, read 4,685,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
But it is though...attention from men......women would kill for attention...to be the it girl at the party, work or wherever!!!! LOL Even if they got a man they still want to be that girl who can have any guy...or the girl that all the guys want but cant have.

Its all about insecurities and attention!!!!!!!
That was my point with why women are so catty towards each other

Most women crave attention and compliments and anyone they think is their way or takes some away from the they try to eliminate..

Im not saying men dont like attention as human beings everyone wants to be aprpreciated but women seem to take it to insane levels..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 04:05 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,407,427 times
So then that is the reason why most younger women I know are so difficult.

The older women I know tend to be much calmer and more logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

Most women crave attention and compliments and anyone they think is their way or takes some away from the they try to eliminate..

Im not saying men dont like attention as human beings everyone wants to be aprpreciated but women seem to take it to insane levels..

Old 04-08-2009, 04:34 PM

2,751 posts, read 4,810,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
But it is though...attention from men......women would kill for attention...to be the it girl at the party, work or wherever!!!! LOL Even if they got a man they still want to be that girl who can have any guy...or the girl that all the guys want but cant have.

Its all about insecurities and attention!!!!!!!
I certainly don't want to bash women. I truly love women for all that they are. But have you ever noticed how when you walk into a restaurant with a good looking woman, a lot of other women will look at you flirtatiously? You could go into the same restaurant alone on the very next night and feel like a pariah. Also, when a woman knows that you are taken, (let me stress that SOME women), will be all the more interested in you. I haven't noticed this in men. On the contrary, most men will shy away from married or taken women unless the attraction is too much too resist or else it's flat out given to them.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:35 PM

16,225 posts, read 22,595,690 times
Pure and simple.....jealousy.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:37 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,014,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
From a male perspective, I seem to have noticed over the years that many, not all of course, girls/women are just not very nice to each other. Also I've heard females speak enviously about the easy rapport males have with each other. Why is this? Is it a competitive thing? Is it that men are more direct? Do most women grow out of it? We like to say that women are the gentler, nicer sex, but is it really true. Please help educate the father of a daughter.
I disagree. Maybe young women but I don't know. I know women are very supportive, and it's your women friends you go to in a crisis because they seem to understand - it's a female thing as in Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars. I mean just go to a high school volleyball event. Girls high five each other to give condolences for a bad play!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Hmmmm I don't know about that. I've seen some very hostile women out there. They seem to not hold back when criticizing and insulting men or me for that matter.

Older women not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Girls high five each other to give condolences for a bad play!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:40 PM

13,820 posts, read 18,775,199 times
well I dont know why but I went to a bacherolette (sp) party and this one girl said to me. You know I have never met a nicer bunch of women than were in that limo and at that party . She proceeded to tell me that she had never seen women get along so well . I think it was cause we were all related in one way or another . I just could not believe a woman would say that . I think women need to stick together the way some men do .

Old 04-08-2009, 04:43 PM

Well people are stronger in groups. The group can always ostracize someone and get away with abuse and keep their belief system in tact...........similar to a cult!! Oooo happy days

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well I dont know why but I went to a bacherolette (sp) party and this one girl said to me. You know I have never met a nicer bunch of women than were in that limo and at that party . She proceeded to tell me that she had never seen women get along so well . I think it was cause we were all related in one way or another . I just could not believe a woman would say that . I think women need to stick together the way some men do .

Old 04-08-2009, 04:46 PM

2,751 posts, read 4,810,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I disagree. Maybe young women but I don't know. I know women are very supportive, and it's your women friends you go to in a crisis because they seem to understand - it's a female thing as in Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars. I mean just go to a high school volleyball event. Girls high five each other to give condolences for a bad play!
Well, I've seen this too. But are you saying that you are unaware of the opposite? If so, you might get yourself a new neighbor, a family of new neighbors. Sounds like a pretty hip, progressive place.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:50 PM

527 posts, read 1,685,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

BINGO!!! I have had to deal with three very catty women this last two week with another one in the works. I have gotten to the point that I do not want to work with a woman..I have 2-3 close female friends and two close female co-workers. Everyone else I rather deal with is male.

It has gotten to the point that if my co-worker is a woman I know there is an 85% chance she will not get along with me. Those are not good odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or