Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 06:37 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do you go to school or college in a third world country? Because that's called divide and conquer. Research divide and conquer and collectivism. It generally happens in corrupt nations or cultures.
Are you kidding??? A school I went to in good old North America was like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 06:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
That's my point. Good old America is lousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Are you kidding??? A school I went to in good old North America was like that.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Behind every "mean girl" or "rude girl" there is a very insecure girl who doesn't love herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Same thing behind every "alpha male".
The "alpha males" that I know aren't mean or rude. They're more indifferent and not so quick to create conflict...but they will put an end to it.

I can't believe I'm seeing "mean girls" among 5 year olds. Some of the things that come out of their mouths just blow me away...you'd think they were 16! It saddens me that I actually have a strong dislike for some 5 year olds when I know it's not their fault, but that they were "made" that way. (I don't have much use for their moms either. )

Old 11-29-2011, 09:44 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Same thing behind every "alpha male".
Maybe I don't know much about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And Santa Clause flies around the globe and gives free gifts to all the good Christian children.
Well Santa seems to find his way to my pagan children

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I can't believe I'm seeing "mean girls" among 5 year olds. Some of the things that come out of their mouths just blow me away...you'd think they were 16! It saddens me that I actually have a strong dislike for some 5 year olds when I know it's not their fault, but that they were "made" that way. (I don't have much use for their moms either. )
Too much media influence. You can blame the parents.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:38 PM

818 posts, read 456,340 times
Yeah l know at school , even primary school for my daughter , my God they were little tyrants .
l thought growing up as a guy was pretty tough but l do think the girls are worse now that l've lived through some of the stuff my daughter went through.

She's 16 now and goes to tech school which is about 2/3 male and l asked her if she's had any problems and minds that there aren't as many girls.
She said my God no way dad , guys are so much easier to get along with , it's actually a relief not to have to deal with so many girls.

l also have 6 sisters and 4 brothers.
On the brothers , l love them all and there's never really been any drama of any kind. We live all over the country now but whenever we see each other it's just simple and fun and happy to catch up.
There's never any hassle within the family from any of the boys either. Although there was when we were younger , some of us into a lotta shyt.

But the girls , it never ends. l don't even see any of them and hardly call any, every few years if l can get away with it, yet still they hassle us and cause shyt from a far. l'm 3hours away in another world yet the drama and bs l've had to deal with , all from the girls.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think a lot of it is biology. Female animals frequently do not get along. A female establishes dominance to protect herself because she is vulnerable and afraid. In human terms, the more misogynistic the society, the worse the women are, because they believe that without male approval, they are nothing.
This. It is not at all an unknown phenomenon for the most afraid and vulnerable and resourceless (even if that is just a POV) to turn on each other. We see this in many many many groups. I won't go into details but it is common and it is by no means just women.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:32 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
my location has alot to do with what I see in clubs ......its refreshing to hear that you dont look at all the women
yeah, I work with women, who while walking past you, they check you up and down, to see what shoes, jewelry and so forth you have on.....lol

Old 03-08-2018, 11:36 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
Yeah l know at school , even primary school for my daughter , my God they were little tyrants .
l thought growing up as a guy was pretty tough but l do think the girls are worse now that l've lived through some of the stuff my daughter went through.

She's 16 now and goes to tech school which is about 2/3 male and l asked her if she's had any problems and minds that there aren't as many girls.
She said my God no way dad , guys are so much easier to get along with , it's actually a relief not to have to deal with so many girls.

On the brothers , l love them all and there's never really been any drama of any kind. We live all over the country now but whenever we see each other it's just simple and fun and happy to catch up.
There's never any hassle within the family from any of the boys either. Although there was when we were younger , some of us into a lotta shyt.

But the girls , it never ends. l don't even see any of them and hardly call any, every few years if l can get away with it, yet still they hassle us and cause shyt from a far. l'm 3hours away in another world yet the drama and bs l've had to deal with , all from the girls.
Those just happen to be your brothers. Other people's brothers are very different. Don't assume your brothers are EveryBrother.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:39 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
hawk101

she is correct, that is so true...I love men, love to hear their stories...well, I'm a woman who hates shopping...gossip, etc...so? Hate soap operas.

Quote:
I believe coming from a larger family also makes a big difference...I had a girlfriend who was the ultimate, well, actually had 3, they were versed in not only life, but traveled quit a bit, and were so interesting and knowledgeable. Lost them to cancer...and miss them terribly....

but yes, men are interesting conversationalists.....
guess I loved hearing their opinions from a male point of view...they also are fair, and are able to forgive much easily. You talk it out and it's over never to be reviews again.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:45 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
While some women are absolute sweethearts, there are some who are absolutely cold, calculating, and cruel.

Some of the women I know have even said they prefer being friends with men cause women can be in their words, "catty, jealous b words

Last edited by 49ersfan27; 03-08-2018 at 11:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships