Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:33 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,839,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
No, I hear that. I just meant that especially for an artist, your only competition is with yourself. You fight everyday to stretch beyond your comfort zone. But we do manage to have fun, a lot of it!
She sounds like she has a great head on her shoulders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 04:38 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,347,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
She sounds like she has a great head on her shoulders.
Thank you, we're trying and so is she. But they, meaning society as a whole, don't make it easy.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah i had no idea the competition between women even amongst there own friends till a few years ago

I used to think women dress up to get attention from other men when allot of em do it to one up or impress other women..

Could the whole cattines stem from allot of women just want to be center of attention and dont like when someobdy else gets it?
Maybe. And this would speak to the idea that too many women still live for how they seem, how they appear to men. Ha! If they only knew how much better off they'd be without us!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:44 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,423,300 times
From a relationship perspective it all stems from the fact that the vast majority of women are all after the same small pool of guys. Where as guys will pretty much settle for anything and are much more open minded about who they date. It's as simple as that.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,347,708 times
Quote:
Yeah i had no idea the competition between women even amongst there own friends till a few years ago

I used to think women dress up to get attention from other men when allot of em do it to one up or impress other women..

Could the whole cattines stem from allot of women just want to be center of attention and dont like when someobdy else gets it?
LOL I had a conversation with someone about this a while ago....My point was that women dont get dressed up for men...they get dressed to compete with other women while men get dressed to impress women as well. Too many times Ive met someone when I felt I looked a mess a just ran out for one quick thing. But the whole point in getting dressed up is to look better than the other females that will be where youre going. Its stupid but thats how it goes

Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
From a relationship perspective it all stems from the fact that the vast majority of women are all after the same small pool of guys. Where as guys will pretty much settle for anything and are much more open minded about who they date. It's as simple as that.
If what you're saying is that there is a smaller pool of guys that want to get into a long term relationship, I'd agree that it is more natural for a woman to feel the need to domesticate. For a lot of women it seems to be not why or if but when should I marry and have children, whereas a lot of men run until the outcome becomes inevitable.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:50 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,839,826 times
Quote:
I don't know about that. Yeah a man can spread his seed with any woman but does he connect with her? Can he speak to her as if he was speaking to himself and be happy? I have only been able to find that in one woman. I have always thought the word intimacy has been misunderstood.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,077,318 times
Quote:
Yeah ive always said that men as a whole seem to be less picky then women

Maybe its because women from a young age are shown a close minded view of beauty that anyhting outside of those strict guidleines they dont feel is attractive

Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,077,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
LOL I had a conversation with someone about this a while ago....My point was that women dont get dressed up for men...they get dressed to compete with other women while men get dressed to impress women as well. Too many times Ive met someone when I felt I looked a mess a just ran out for one quick thing. But the whole point in getting dressed up is to look better than the other females that will be where youre going. Its stupid but thats how it goes
And its not even necassarily in competition with them for men,ive heard married women do this..

Old 04-08-2009, 05:01 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,347,708 times
Quote:
And its not even necassarily in competition with them for men,ive heard married women do this..
But it is though...attention from men......women would kill for attention...to be the it girl at the party, work or wherever!!!! LOL Even if they got a man they still want to be that girl who can have any guy...or the girl that all the guys want but cant have.

Its all about insecurities and attention!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships