Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Because we're manly men and we do manly things. I just stepped on a cockroach. It's Miller time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear ya brother. It's times like these I wish i were still in the Eastern time zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
So why don't so many men have this with each other?
I can't answer that but I know of a lot of male relationships where they call each other names when they get angry with each other, for instance,Moderator cut: deleted is one they like to call each other. Then it's over, they're happy again and would kill for each other. This is probably why I have more male friends than female. But like I said, not all women are like this.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-13-2018 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 04-08-2009, 01:45 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
They are maybe catty between themselves, but when it comes to being bitchy with the opposite sex, feminine solidarity is very much at hand....

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
I would say its competition for the perfect man. I don't know how it could be since we men are just as fallible as women are. Will anyone ever learn?

Last edited by Stac2007; 04-08-2009 at 02:05 PM..

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
So you're saying that it is the competitive thing they have with other females, as far as who can snag the prize bull?
In a very general sense, yes. Not all women are like this, but the ones who are ... I believe this is why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Hmm...I notice men being very competitive and making fun of each other - the difference is, most don't seem to take it to heart. They are more open about it too.

A lot of women will do the same thing, but they take it personally. I think women's relationships with each other are closer emotionally, and so emotions tend to run higher in general.

The cattiness is the feminine way of being competitive; "feminine" meaning it is simply less direct.

I think women have been conditioned to be less direct because society made it so we had to be. It used to be that women had little direct control over their own lives, and so they had to find subtle ways to influence things. Though that may not be the case now completely, a very direct woman may be seen as masculine or harsh, when the same behavior is perfectly acceptable in a man.

That said, there are a lot of non-catty, cool women out there who support each other & don't get upset over every little thing. And yes, age/maturity has a lot to do with it.
Very thoughtful, insightful response. So, you are saying that even though the conditions that led to this trait no longer exist, it remains deep in the female DNA, and it is in fact originally due to how women see themselves relative to men?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
So why don't so many men have this with each other?
You dudes have your own issues. You go shoot a bunch of people.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:47 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You dudes have your own issues. You go shoot a bunch of people.
Nagging women included.

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Oh, my, the "fairer sex" can be out-and-out she-devils. Don't EVEN get me started! I was just telling a male friend about a mean-spirited woman in my church, who basically told me that she had "issues" with me because I'm disabled. She said she's a nurse but she's never had to be around anyone outside of her job who is disabled and she didn't know how to handle it. Uh, handle what? The fact that I walk with a cane? Heh, at least I'm very attractive, take care of myself, and don't weigh 300 pounds like she does! If I were a mean she-devil, I would have responded that it's OK because I don't want to be around fat people but I could NEVER be so cruel to another person like that.

Anyhoo, my friend was amazed that the woman would say something so totally mean like that to me. But it happens a LOT. That's why I have few female friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Women are Moderator cut: Orphaned. I have more guy friends for this exact reason. Women are critical and judgemental of other women. Be it your BFF for 20 years or someone you just met.....sizing each other up is our way of life....LOL
t I've known women who see it just this way. How come we love you all so much and yet you can't love each other?

Last edited by june 7th; 03-13-2018 at 03:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships