Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,589 times

Advertisements

I have a neighbor who nags and complains about every little thing, for example as everyone knows the winds have been very strong these couple of days, well apparently trash blew to her side and she sent her husband to knock on my door knowing I am a single mother and there is no man in the household besides my kids, to tell me that the box blew open and the little papers came out into his yard that he wanted someone to come out and pick it up, I apologized for the wind blowing my box open and went outside with my boys to clean which was about 20 little tiny white bubble packaging, and I told her that when I get up at 6:00 in the morning and I see their trash in my drive way, I just pick it up and put it away in the trash and dnt go knocking at their door, she nags about everything! I think that when she bought her house she bought mines too, honestly, I wanted to tell her to pay for my mortgage, these are people that apparently never owned a house and things that they now own the whole entire block, let alone she had her neighbors evicted and now she is complaining of her new neighbors who are very pleasant people, everyone dislikes her in the neighborhood, as I was told by the business owners and other neighbors that are even far from her! Wow, what should I do, I am going to keep a log of all of her complaints and the next time I am going to tell her to call the cops and complain to them..

Can anyone give me an advise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 03:56 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,684,273 times
tell her to move to an area with an HOA, she would fit perfectly there...

Old 04-14-2009, 06:58 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,161,808 times
This probably would be an interesting topic for the Relationships forum. I'm moving it there.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:11 AM

657 posts, read 1,599,621 times
start giving her a dose of her own medicine.. inconvenience her in every way possible without breaking the law. mow the lawn bright and early in the morning... or JUST before noise curfew at night. don't put their trash away.. toss it in their yard in the same manner in which it was tossed to yours.. or, report them for littering (assuming that there is address-identifiable mail in their garbage), etc etc.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:23 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
What do I do?

I crank it up a few notches. Some people are going to complain one way or another, so **** them off more and more. Let them know how bad it could be, but do it with a neighborly smile.

Or alternatively, you could ask yourself if maybe you're being a bad neighbor. Your language suggests that you don't feel responsible for your trash blowing into their yard - after all, it was windy, and you're a single mom.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
Another way to resolve it would be to ask her flat out if she planned on being antagonistic the whole time I lived there: yes or no. I would remind her that she does not own my house and I am not her child. (They sound older) And if she didn't stop nagging me, then I would start the torture as suggested by J double R.

btw, She isn't responsible for trash blowing into their yard. She didn't have a leaf/snow blower and blow it there - the wind did it. And since that neighbor has trash that gets into the OP's property, I would suggest ratther than "being the bigger person" and picking up the neighbor's trash when it goes into her yard, I would take J double R's suggestions and leave it. But I would take it a step further and knock on her door and tell her to pick it up.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
btw, She isn't responsible for trash blowing into their yard. She didn't have a leaf/snow blower and blow it there - the wind did it.
How do you figure? Did the OP not put the box, filled with trash, outside in the wind?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 AM

657 posts, read 1,599,621 times
Lightbulb ding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
How do you figure? Did the OP not put the box, filled with trash, outside in the wind?

perhaps it was not windy when she put the box out there..

Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,611 times
I would just be honest with her. Passive aggressiveness will get you nowhere, being antagonistic just because she is like that makes you just as bad as she is and still won't make things better.

When the husband came knocking at your door about the trash I would have just said I will get to it as soon as I can and I would have told them that their trash also blows into your yard and that you just picked it up. You can be nice about it and nonconfrontational but honest. When she complains about other people tell her you happen to like them very much.

BTW, she can't get other people evicted. She may have told on them about something but they were the people doing the whatever that got them evicted.

Unfortunately there are grumpy, nasty people all over. Every neighborhood has them. You just have to learn to deal with them or you will just make yourself miserable. We have two older couples on opposite ends of my street that are unbelievable. One lady screamed at the kids when they got off the schoolbus and walked across the strip of grass which goes between the road and the sidewalk which technically she doesn't even owned. On the other end the lady called the police on kids that were playing on the sidewalk and culdesac in front of their house. Thank goodness I live in the middle and don't have to deal with them but I have good friends that live right beside them.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:21 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,715 times
Id tell her where she can go and how she can get there and which house she doesnt own!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships