Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM

390 posts, read 904,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I'd say where did you find a women that was willing to pump out 6 babies by you and call sleeping on my floor a vacation?

ROFLMAO.....too funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
This reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas with the weird BIL.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I really think that his request very brazen. He didn't even email first saying that he was planning a visit and asking for hotel suggestions. Then at least you'd have a chance to consider offering him your place to stay. Plus he's got a family of eight!! And that's a small mob. Imagine the bathroom lines and the amount of clean towels you will need... or even if he brings his own towels and sleeping bags, that's still a lot of laundry to do in four days. And what would he do for you as a thank you for your hospitality? A future invite to sleep on the floors in his house?

With six children, it's not as if you will have quality time with him couple to couple. It's going to be four days of chaos at your place, even if he is a stern disciplinarian with his kids.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 PM

206 posts, read 528,911 times
Default Sorry

I lost contact with a dear friend because of a situation like this. We talked about visiting each other one day, as we were living in different states. I recieve a call at short notice....my friend said she would be there by the next day. I had not discussed the situation with my husband yet....my friend has a large family and so do we. My friend planned on letting her kids stay at our home and she would stay by her male friend. I was on bed rest, due to pregnancy complications...so my husband had a lot on his plate already. He had to work, take care of most housework and cook for our family....so that would leave him to watch over her kids too. I suggested a hotel...i never heard from my friend again. I didn't bother to contact her, even though i wish we could have sat down and discussed the situation...as she would have let my family stay at her home. I think things change once your married, because it's not solely your decision about alot of things. I think about her a lot, as she was my best friend. It was clearly a case of miscommunication.

Last edited by PhenomenalWoman; 04-22-2009 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: missed something

Old 04-22-2009, 09:57 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalWoman View Post
I lost contact with a dear friend because of a situation like this. We talked about visiting each other one day, as we were living in different states. I recieve a call at short notice....my friend said she would be there by the next day. I had not discussed the situation with my husband yet....my friend has a large family and so do we. My friend planned on letting her kids stay at our home and she would stay by her male friend. I was on bed rest, due to pregnancy complications...so my husband had a lot on his plate already. He had to work, take care of most housework and cook for our family....so that would leave him to watch over her kids too. I suggested a hotel...i never heard from my friend again. I didn't bother to contact her, even though i wish we could have sat down and discussed the situation...as she would have let my family stay at her home. I think things change once your married, because it's not solely your decision about alot of things. I think about her a lot, as she was my best friend. It was clearly a case of miscommunication.
This part is very odd... that she would stick all her kids in your house, but she would stay with a male friend. It sounds to me like she was trying to use you to enjoy the company of her male friend without having her kids around. How many kids did she have and what were their ages at the time? Did she not know about your pregnancy complications? She sounds like a very selfish person to me.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:51 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times
Whoa, insane. I wouldn't let 8 people into any house or apartment of mine at any given time. Let alone to sleep there for a week. What will they eat? Will they all have to use the bathrooms? How many of them are kids?

I'm sorry, but I'd have to give that one a resounding Hell no.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
What would Jesus do?

Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
I would think that having that many people in your home would be against some code--fire, neighborhood. Has he told you how much money he wants to borrow?

It may be difficult to say no, but unless you have room for everybody that would be best. You will be saving yourself and them from a very uncomfortable four sleepless nights.

Last edited by NCN; 04-22-2009 at 11:07 PM..

Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What would Jesus do?
Bring enough fish, bread, and wine for all of them?

Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 AM

206 posts, read 528,911 times
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
This part is very odd... that she would stick all her kids in your house, but she would stay with a male friend. It sounds to me like she was trying to use you to enjoy the company of her male friend without having her kids around. How many kids did she have and what were their ages at the time? Did she not know about your pregnancy complications? She sounds like a very selfish person to me.
Her kids were twelve, eight, seven, five and two. I hadn't told anyone about my pregnancy as of then. I would have watched the kids for a couple hours for her to spend some time with her male friend, but not keep them overnight while being in my condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships