U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:33 AM

43 posts, read 127,187 times

Advertisements

I can tell you one thing Harming yourself is not going to help one bit...yes people will be sad for the moment and then they will move on with their lives. What you have to do is make the best out of a bad situation. You are 15 years old join a club or something go out with your siblings. And if they argue alot then that means they are not happy together.

Just because they get a divorce does not mean they will stop loving you, it might even be for the better. Like a said do more extracirricular activities positive that is to get your mind off of things. Everything will be fine and also talk to you parents, it wont hurt to try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:39 AM

28,906 posts, read 46,573,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Well, things haven't been going well with my parents. They have been arguing and fighting for almost 2 months. My mom has filed for a separation, and my dad has also stated that we might get a divorce. God, I really want to kill myself right now..
I'm so sorry to hear this. Having seen far too many divorces in my day, I know that it's a wrenching experience for the children in a relationship.

I know that there's nothing that can quite erase the feeling of pain and betrayal, the sense that the foundation of your life is suddenly something insubstantial. At the same time, here are some things to think about--not to ease your pain, but to help you accept the situation that is being forced upon you.

-- Your parents are people, with emotions and needs and complicated lives. Sometimes people grow apart from one another, not because anybody has done anything wrong.

-- Both your parents still love you. And they probably grappled with what was better for you in these circumstances: A two parent household that was always at war, or two happier people who are living apart. I'm certain that it wasn't an easy decision for them.

-- It will prove as awful for them as it is for you.

You are feeling angry, and justifiably so. But don't allow your own rage to blind you to the hurt and anguish that your parents feel in this situation.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:43 AM

1,592 posts, read 3,080,195 times
Please, print out these posts you are making online and show it to them -- maybe they will see how trivial their disagreements are compared to how its affecting their kids!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:52 PM

3,723 posts, read 4,576,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Well, things haven't been going well with my parents. They have been arguing and fighting for almost 2 months. My mom has filed for a separation, and my dad has also stated that we might get a divorce. God, I really want to kill myself right now..
There's certainly no reason for you to kill yourself. I know you must love your parents very much, but do yourself a favor and don't get caught up in their drama. Just let it go in one ear and out the other. You will only be with them for a little while, but you have your whole life ahead of you. A life of your choosing. So don't be scared of their fighting or worry about what's going to happen to you. I think you'll be fine in the end. Don't take sides, just don't get sucked in. Think of your parents as cute but annoying yap yap dogs. Love them and have patience. Listen to their rants but again, in one ear out the other. Smile and change the subject.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM

1,628 posts, read 3,154,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You are feeling angry, and justifiably so. But don't allow your own rage to blind you to the hurt and anguish that your parents feel in this situation.

It seems that you are trying to help, but ONCE AGAIN, she is just a KID, and the burden is NOT on her to understand how her parents feel, the burden is on her parents to help her understand the situation and listen to how SHE feels.

Honey, be honest with your parents about how you are feeling. They are probably oblivious. But once they know, they can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships