Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:25 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
1) How many friends do you have on Facebook?

2) How is it that some people have hundreds of friends on Facebook?

3) What do you do when someone irritates you and you no longer want them as a Facebook friend? How is this best handled?

1. 173 and I know all of them....

2. Some people, actually I'm one of them, actually know a lot of people & have a lot of friends....I went to college with 40,000 undergrads, lived all over and have a network of friends.

3. You delete them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 05:21 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
My point exactly. Same with Twitter. Just look at how Ashton Kutcher celebrated getting more followers than CNN. Typical Hollywood celeb who worries about how many think he's worth following.
Twitter wins Facebook.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:05 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,771,833 times
A friend of mine has about 150 Facebook friends, many of them in the local area. Last month he asked me to help him move. He had asked other friends of his as well, I was the only one who showed. Now every time he brags about his Facebook friends (he's constantly on his phone texting and Facebooking) I ask him where all of his "friends" were the day he had to move.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
I'm probably one of the last people on Earth who has yet to join the Facebook crowd

Old 05-08-2009, 09:39 AM

52,186 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I'm probably one of the last people on Earth who has yet to join the Facebook crowd
I haven't yet either.

I'm thinking about it though.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:57 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,018,348 times
FaKebook is a serious distraction from a real SOCIAL life. Go out an be with those you care about and if that isn't convenient and other things are more important than your friendship clearly, get your priorities sorted and get some real friends.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,890,481 times
About 35 in just 3 weeks. One of my first cousins (there's 21 of us now living all over the world) decided it was time to reconnect since we as children all grew up together. I was made Admin so 25 (incl. kids of some) is just on family alone. I set the group setting to secret and we post away our family photos, our parents some of who are deceased and generally write in a foreign language anyhow. The rest is a result of finding old HS classmates from joining the Yahoo group (another reunion coming up in 2010) and the remainder from stumbling into fraternity brothers and sorority sisters in college who are now in the US. My profile settings are tight...viewable by friends only, and I generally reject or ignore all other FB applications. It's a way for me to monitor my daughter's goings on...I'm her friend and a friend of one of her friends.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:04 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,029 times
Quote:
I'm with ya! I don't get people's facination with it. I don't need to know what people are doing instantaneously!

People say its a great way to keep in touch with people, blah, blah, blah. I keep in the touch with the people that I really want to keep in touch with!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:11 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I'm with ya! I don't get people's facination with it. I don't need to know what people are doing instantaneously!

People say its a great way to keep in touch with people, blah, blah, blah. I keep in the touch with the people that I really want to keep in touch with!
I can see the appeal that it has for some people...it's pretty easy to stay in touch that way...but I just think it would be too much trouble to maintain. Plus, I'm not into the whole 'status update' thing. Who cares about what I am eating for breakfast anyway!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,029 times
Quote:
I can see the appeal that it has for some people...it's pretty easy to stay in touch that way...but I just think it would be too much trouble to maintain. Plus, I'm not into the whole 'status update' thing. Who cares about what I am eating for breakfast anyway!
The "status update" thing is definitely what keeps me away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships