Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 06:00 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
BS. it's because of default. People look at them and think they are nice; just social ethics.

lol... So I should change to accomodate other people's prejudices/fears/insecurities?
Well, clearly everybody is not going to change to suit you. Either you ignore them or do something about it. If you look menacing or dangerous even when you're not, and if you refuse to try NOT to look menacing or dangerous, then that's your problem. You've been given lots of helpful advice and just seem to be refusing to listen. I read your other threads, and this seems to be a recurring theme with you.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:00 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Here we go... MrSykes had to bring racial prejudice into this with his references to tapdancing and greasy lips. No where has anyone suggested samston turn into an "Uncle Tom" in order to win people over. Have you actually read the whole thread? If samston is for real, he is a 28 year old unhappy, lonely, shy, frustrated and angry young man. He claims not to have any friends. He doesn't get along with his family. He was the one that says people think he looks like Biggie Smalls. And from numerous threads he's created, he seems to have real problem relating to people.

And based on only everything he's posted (just ignore our posts and suggestions) you are recommending to him to continue to do his own what he's been doing and not try to relate to the immediate people around him?

I think that it's a real possibility that samston's main problem is that he perpetually walks around with a scowl on his face and looking directly at everyone around him in a confrontational and challenging way as he tries to gauge their reaction to him. Even having a neutral expression on his face would help.
Why? People here my age have things easy, so why not me?
Quote:
Another suggestion would be for him to wear an iPod and to be listening to his favorite music while he is out and about on the streets. That way he could focus more on listening to the music and take his mind off of what others think of him.
Why should I concede? i want to be normal like all other people, and normal people do not get hated on when they go places.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well, clearly everybody is not going to change to suit you. Either you ignore them or do something about it. If you look menacing or dangerous even when you're not, and if you refuse to try NOT to look menacing or dangerous, then that's your problem. You've been given lots of helpful advice and just seem to be refusing to listen. I read your other threads, and this seems to be a recurring theme with you.
I don't look dangerous.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:02 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
What?
What many of us are trying to tell you is that the source of the negativity is YOU. Since you don't carry a mirror around with you, you may not realize that you are walking around with an unhappy expression on your face first. Then as you stare at those around you, they scowl back. YOU are the one scowling first.

Why? Because from reading all of your posts, you are not a happy person inside and it is showing outside on your face. People that are happy on the inside look happy on the outside. It's just the way it is, unless you are a professional actor or poker player with fake emotions on your face.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What many of us are trying to tell you is that the source of the negativity is YOU. Since you don't carry a mirror around with you, you may not realize that you are walking around with an unhappy expression on your face first. Then as you stare at those around you, they scowl back. YOU are the one scowling first.

Why? Because from reading all of your posts, you are not a happy person inside and it is showing outside on your face. People that are happy on the inside look happy on the outside. It's just the way it is, unless you are a professional actor or poker player with fake emotions on your face.
I'm not happy since it comes easy for everybody else.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:04 AM
miu

Quote:
I don't look dangerous.
You just look unhappy. However if you say that you look like Biggie Smalls, then you are also a large person, and large people can be scary looking for smaller people, especially when they have a scowl on their face. No one is going to come up to be your friend if you are scowling all of the time. People want friends who are fun to be with. No one likes a complainer either.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:06 AM
miu

Quote:
I'm not happy since it comes easy for everybody else.
The only person that can make you happy is yourself. You need to find a way to be happy. And btw, having a girlfriend is not the answer.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Why? People here my age have things easy, so why not me?

Why should I concede? i want to be normal like all other people, and normal people do not get hated on when they go places.
My face, in its neutral position, looks kind of angry. After years of answering "What's wrong?" and "Are you OK?" when I was just lost in thought, I now deliberately put a different look on my face when I walk around. I have to make my face look pleasantly neutral. I am naturally shy, so I have had to force myself to smile and be outgoing. It's a lot easier than it used to be.

I am tall for a woman and have good posture, so people look at me a lot. When moving through crowds, I keep a pleasant look on my face but do not make eye contact with people. When I want people to definitely leave me alone, like when I walk somewhere at night, I walk briskly and put my angry face back on. I look like I have somewhere to be and I will run you over if you get in my way.

But most of the time, I have to put my nice face on. You might try doing this.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
You are NOT normal. You are proving that with every post here.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You are NOT normal. You are proving that with every post here.
why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships