Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:51 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
A burger??? Yanks, you're supposed to eat with your mouth - not your nose!!!
Ohh.... Bha ha ha .....Oppps... Spelling correction. Booger!

Old 04-26-2009, 02:57 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
while misreading a plenty. A person may look not at you but through you reflecting on something totally unrelated... Scoffing not at you but at ingrown nail in their shoes, a boss at work, at traffic, at weather, at taxes..
Yep...excellent point.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:58 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I don't want to discount your feelings, but this sounds extremely over the top. Anywhere?
Yes.
Quote:
I have known people who are extremely insecure; they think nobody likes them. It seems, to me, that they are looking for some kind of gesture or look that proves them wrong.,everywhere they go. When they don't get it, if re-affirms in their minds that people really don't like them. Not sure if that makes sense.

My point is, and I don't mean to sound offensive, that no one is that important. I think you might be reading into people's reactions, or lack thereof, too much. And I really am seeing this pattern based on your previous posts.
What do you mean by pattern?
Quote:
ETA: I'm not saying that some people are not actually displeased with you, but to this degree doesn't make sense, to me.
I know it seems odd, but it is true. Yesterday i went to class, and everybody in the college was looking at me as if they detested me.

It even happens at work. i don't like going to certain offices of our firm, since they all look at me and laugh. i'm thinking of sending the office manager at those places an e-mail saying i don't expect to be treated like that where i work, but it's not worth the trouble.

I sound too mopey now, so I'll quit this now.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:01 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Default What Happened to Kindness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I make it an issue since i cannot go anywhere without somebody giving me some kind of scowl, and it pisses me off.
I agree with you. Why should people who don't even know you be unpleasant to you? There is so little kindness in this world anymore.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:01 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Yes.

What do you mean by pattern?

I know it seems odd, but it is true. Yesterday i went to class, and everybody in the college was looking at me as if they detested me.

It even happens at work. i don't like going to certain offices of our firm, since they all look at me and laugh. i'm thinking of sending the office manager at those places an e-mail saying i don't expect to be treated like that where i work, but it's not worth the trouble.

I sound too mopey now, so I'll quit this now.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:03 PM

It's the truth, and no lie.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:06 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
It's the truth, and no lie.
Are you sure you saw EVERYONE looking at you in disdain? Perhaps you missed a few who might have been in the restrooms? Just checking.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:06 PM

67 posts, read 181,831 times
My step-daughter has the same complaints about people. As we talked, I found out that she has quite a mouth in the classroom. One day, the class was discussing about drug use by some young people and she shut a classmate up by saying, in front of the whole class, that she shouldn't judge other people because she herself got pregnant at 14. The whole class was shocked into silence. This she does regulary in other classes to other people and constantly wonders why nobody wants to be friends with her. She changes colleges but still she has no friends. She has to change herself to make the situation better.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren123 View Post
My step-daughter has the same complaints about people. As we talked, I found out that she has quite a mouth in the classroom. One day, the class was discussing about drug use by some young people and she shut a classmate up by saying, in front of the whole class, that she shouldn't judge other people because she herself got pregnant at 14. The whole class was shocked into silence. This she does regulary in other classes to other people and constantly wonders why nobody wants to be friends with her. She changes colleges but still she has no friends. She has to change herself to make the situation better.
well i'm not curt person as such. i wouldn't say rude things without much provocation.

i guess people just think i'm a **** or something, i don't know.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:11 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Are you sure you saw EVERYONE looking at you in disdain? Perhaps you missed a few who might have been in the restrooms? Just checking.
Yeah, seems like a lot of exaggeration....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships