U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 04:02 PM

9,045 posts, read 14,285,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Samston, I see you sitting back in your chair laughing and giggling like a little girl. So, I've decided I'm just going to play along and add to the joke. Mmmmkay?
If he is, I'd be in line to shove him myself.

5,007 posts, read 7,852,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
i'm 29, and am non-white and live in a non-white country.
Well, perhaps you look better than you think you do and people are jealous of your youth and your looks. Perhaps they think you have an easier life than they do!

I belong to a support group, Samston, and they tell us in the support group to be kind to other people even when we're feeling low about ourselves. Try to help an older person who lives near you. Give up a seat to a older or pregnant woman on public transportation. "Fake it til you make it." Get out of yourself and focus on another person. Help someone and get the "helper's high."

That might give you a new perspective on things.

4,379 posts, read 4,459,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
If that's the case then I think you should see a mental health professional. When it's everyone that is wrong, it's usually you (the generic "you")that has the problem. You seem to be somewhat paranoid. No one is so important that everyone notices them, much less is out to shove them and snear at them.

Best of luck to you.

EDIT- I just read that you are non-white and live in a non-white country. One other possibility- are you an untouchable or a member of a similarly discriminated-against group? If that is the case, then I think you should feel pride at how far you have come and ignore the sneers. Wear your self-confidence with pride and don't let them get to you.
no, i live in the caribbean. I'm not from India.

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,755,976 times
[quote=Twinkle Toes;8525892]Samston, I see you sitting back in your chair laughing and giggling like a little girl. So, I've decided I'm just going to play along and add to the joke. Mmmmkay?[/quote]

Old 04-26-2009, 04:04 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,489,807 times
Geezus! You live in the Caribbean ... and you're complaining????? Dude, you DO have issues!!!

1,550 posts, read 3,066,739 times
Quote:
Why? If I am in public, i should be treated with the same respect/dignity as all others are.

What have I done NOT to deserve it, eh?
1. Do you have BO you are not aware of?
2. Do you come off as a "jerk" when you speak to others?
3. Do you give the same facial expression and they are wondering the same thing about you?
4. Are you attractive? Not so attractive?
5. How are your teeth? Do you smile too much or not enough? (that depends on what city you live, you know.)
6. Are you paranoid or hypersensitive to people looking at you?
7. Do you look like a celebrity?

If you have problem with answering these questions then ask a friend or a coworker. And find the one who will be brutally honest. You should be able to get an answer.

42,837 posts, read 78,919,079 times
Quote:
no, i live in the caribbean.
WTH are ya whining about then? Wanna trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Well, perhaps you look better than you think you do and people are jealous of your youth and your looks. Perhaps they think you have an easier life than they do!
so? why should i suffer for other people's ostensible envy?
Quote:
I belong to a support group, Samson, and they tell us in the support group to be kind to other people even when we're feeling low about ourselves. Try to help an older person who lives near you. Give up a seat to a older or pregnant woman on public transportation. "Fake it til you make it." Get out of yourself and focus on another person. Help someone and get the "helper's high."

That might give you a new perspective on things.
OK, thanks. But if people don't like me, why should i help them?

Old 04-26-2009, 04:05 PM

40,271 posts, read 39,797,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I've gotta admit I turned to my friend Johnnie and it's not even 3 p.m. here... Oh, well, it IS 5 somewhere... Yeah, a forum can be a relief at times. Only that I'm not about to lift anybody's spirit right now...
I gotta admit I turned to my friend, cheap ass Ralph's brand Bourbon.

Last edited by Chowhound; 04-26-2009 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: ty po

Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Samston, I see you sitting back in your chair laughing and giggling like a little girl. So, I've decided I'm just going to play along and add to the joke. Mmmmkay?
I'm as serious as a heart attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships