Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times

Advertisements

https://www.audiosparx.com/sa/summar...375A907FC7DC44

Turn up your sound and click "Play Preview".

Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
If it's true that everyone is doing this, then there is something freakish and not right about you. Either your physical appearance or your attitude.

Even people with severe physical deformities are not scowled at by everyone. I personally think that your attitude is coming through. It happens with everyone. When I am feeling on top of the world, many more people smile and say hi to me than when I am feeling angry. And when I am angry or feeling negative, I try to force myself to smile and nod, because it affects the way I feel inside. It makes me feel happier and more positive. Sometimes ya gotta fake it to begin to feel it.

I propose a test. This week, when you are out and about, be the first to make eye contact with those you meet in public and give them a smile. You don't have to go overboard, just a small smile a nod. I bet instead of getting this , you will get this .

We generally get what we give. I think, without realizing it, you are projecting negativity and it, in turns, causes others to look at you in a negative light.
thanks for the comments. but with respect i will not do this. i could be in a public place minding my own business, when somebody just nudges into me out of spite. i don't owe strangers anything, if i am just some kind of public joke.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If you have no family or close friend in real life to discuss this problem with, then I recommend that you seek professional counseling. There is only so much help we can offer you in terms of sound advice over the internet.

Otherwise, some of this might be a case of you walking around in public with an upset expression on your face, and everyone else is just reacting to you looking at them first with a scowl. Because you feel that others aren't pleased to see you, you keep a permanent sour expression on your face in anticipation. Do you just take life very seriously? Do you ever have a smile on your face?
What do you mean by taking life seriously?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:48 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
thanks for the comments. but with respect i will not do this. i could be in a public place minding my own business, when somebody just nudges into me out of spite. i don't owe strangers anything, if i am just some kind of public joke.

Why do you suppose you're so interesting to other people to the point where you're directly noticed and shunned in some way?

You're not giving us much to work with here. We don't know your age, what your looks are, what your grooming habits are, where you live, just the fact that everyone everywhere is noticing you.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:53 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,207,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're right. I've been trying to do that, too, but you can only fake it for so long... Today turned out to be a pretty low self-pity day and I gave up trying to force myself to do things I don't wanna do and here I am...
I hear ya. That's when I turn to my friends Pinot Grigio and Dovebar. And CD, where I can always find friends like you to lift my spirits!

Old 04-26-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Why do you suppose you're so interesting to other people to the point where you're directly noticed and shunned in some way?

You're not giving us much to work with here. We don't know your age, what your looks are, what your grooming habits are, where you live, just the fact that everyone everywhere is noticing you.
i'm 29, and am non-white and live in a non-white country.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:57 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,207,686 times
Quote:
If that's the case then I think you should see a mental health professional. When it's everyone that is wrong, it's usually you (the generic "you")that has the problem. You seem to be somewhat paranoid. No one is so important that everyone notices them, much less is out to shove them and snear at them.

Best of luck to you.

EDIT- I just read that you are non-white and live in a non-white country. One other possibility- are you an untouchable or a member of a similarly discriminated-against group? If that is the case, then I think you should feel pride at how far you have come and ignore the sneers. Wear your self-confidence with pride and don't let them get to you.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I hear ya. That's when I turn to my friends Pinot Grigio and Dovebar. And CD, where I can always find friends like you to lift my spirits!
I've gotta admit I turned to my friend Johnnie and it's not even 3 p.m. here... Oh, well, it IS 5 somewhere... Yeah, a forum can be a relief at times. Only that I'm not about to lift anybody's spirit right now...

Old 04-26-2009, 03:58 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times
Quote:
how am i socially inept?
Awkward, is probably a better word. Either way, you've already acknowldged that you seem deserate, off-putting, whiney, etc. I'm not tell you anything you don't already know.

Quote:
it is realistic.
No, it is not. You do not know everyone in school, or do you? Have they TOLD you they detest you? You do not expose yourself to everyone in school in any one day, do you? This would also mean everyone is cruel. Your claims are patently false.

Quote:
They do.
I don't believe it, sorry. You'd be better off talking to a pro about this.

Quote:
I'm not a nut, if that's what you're thinking. I know this is happening.
I never said you are. I think you need help, whether it is actually happening, or not. I don't think it is. That's just my opinion.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times
Samston, I see you sitting back in your chair laughing and giggling like a little girl. So, I've decided I'm just going to play along and add to the joke. Mmmmkay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships