Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:36 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah - you better start perfecting those lip reading skills!
I could go the mystery science theater 3000 route though, just make it up in my mind after gleaning enough craziness from people's overheard conversations, probably be close to as good by then. Or my senility will be advanced enough by that time that my own craziness will be entertaining enough on it's own while I wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 01:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i love malls everyone is happy content and fulfilled except me
ode to rudden st.
. i used to dodge rudden st
on the way home from financial district (SF)
everybody was happy on rudden st.
lawns were perfect
i avoided walking down it so as not to disturb my dream.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-22-2009 at 01:49 PM..

Old 05-22-2009, 01:47 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
I could go the mystery science theater 3000 route though, just make it up in my mind after gleaning enough craziness from people's overheard conversations, probably be close to as good by then. Or my senility will be advanced enough by that time that my own craziness will be entertaining enough on it's own while I wait.
OMG!!! MST3K is one of my all time FAVORITE shows!!! I wish it were still on TV. I think my favorite episode was The Screaming Skull - with Hobgoblins coming in a close second.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:00 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
OMG!!! MST3K is one of my all time FAVORITE shows!!! I wish it were still on TV. I think my favorite episode was The Screaming Skull - with Hobgoblins coming in a close second.
I liked it for the most part, some of my friends loved it. It was a hoot for parts, it was like Life of Brian to me, parts were funny, but I can't see playing it over and over like The Holy Grail. Friend of mine when we were in our later teens gave that movie to me, nearly peed myself the first time I watched that.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:25 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times
To the OP, stop torturing yourself. We all know people build their lives up and try to sound like they have much more going on than they do.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:44 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
seriously. get some friends that you can make memories with.

join a running group,
start a sewing circle,
frequent your local coffee shop, book store, library.
get a pet,
if you game, join a gamers group,
join a bowling league,

just get out and start making friends.

that way you wont have to fantasize about having them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
As I stated in an earlier post I tend to eat alone much of the time. I go to the food court at the local mall near by where I work and get something and just sit there and people watch.

One thing I like to do is listen in on other people's conversations. (Yes I know that is weird and spooky, but!) Many times there conversation is dull and means nothing to me, but in other cases the people seem so interesting. I fantasize that I am sitting at their table and are one of their close friends. I wish I was with them because they seem so interesting.

As they leave and go off to their glamorous jobs and lives, I return to my own little world, all alone.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:48 PM

943 posts, read 3,160,172 times
Default I am a social outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
seriously. get some friends that you can make memories with.

join a running group,
start a sewing circle,
frequent your local coffee shop, book store, library.
get a pet,
if you game, join a gamers group,
join a bowling league,

just get out and start making friends.

that way you wont have to fantasize about having them...
I can be in all the clubs and activities in the world but I can not force people to want to spend time with me. Ever heard of being lonely in a crowd? Look at my postings, they are the real me, how I think, what I wonder about, does this sound like someone who is going to be popular?

Old 05-22-2009, 02:50 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times
Quote:
I can be in all the clubs and activities in the world but I can not force people to want to spend time with me. Ever heard of being lonely in a crowd? Look at my postings, they are the real me, how I think, what I wonder about, does this sound like someone who is going to be popular?

Been there done that. Somehow, I don't fit into the common dribble of life. But I don't write myself as the odd one out at all. If you met me, you'd never think that.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:01 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
well with that attitude, never.

if you are a generally friendly person then it is not hard. if you are a happy person then it is not hard.

are you the type of person people want to be around?
if no, why not?

Quote:

Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
This is so..... ahhh no comment..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships