Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:59 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
My family always enabled my sister's aggression.

When I got married, she was horrible. They felt sorry for her, because I was getting married and she wasn't, so they excused her constant sniping at me.

I asked her what the heck was going on, why she was always so mad at me, and she said, quite snippy, "I...just...don't....like...you."

Yet, my family says we don't get along. Go figure. I just avoid her now. There is no pleasing her, and anything I do is wrong.
You just described the woman fomerly known as my other sister. They're either afraid of conflict, ignore it, want to keep the peace or dismiss it as a personality clash. This just emboldens her to continue causing trouble; she doesn't know consequence. I've cut her out completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
That sounds terrible!

When I have encountered someone who is constantly questioning motives, feelings I usually get the feeling that 1) the person is insecure or 2) behaves in the manner I am being accused so they assume others have the same behavior patterns.

Sorry you have such a strained relationship with your sister.
We have never been strained before. She really was my best friend all my life. I think she is the most amazing human being, pure of heart. I know why she does this, she has just never doubted me before. I was floored. I'm sure we'll get past it, she's already apologized. I told her she needs to examine why she does this and fix it so she doesn't alienate anyone else. I trust that she will do it. She's a good girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 10:07 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
There are people that play so many psychological games. They don't do straight forward, so they automatically assume no one else does either.
It's a shame when their family though. Don't get sucked into the drama, to much stress.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
You just described the woman fomerly known as my other sister. They're either afraid of conflict, ignore it, want to keep the peace or dismiss it as a personality clash. This just emboldens her to continue causing trouble; she doesn't know consequence. I've cut her out completely.

We have never been strained before. She really was my best friend all my life. I think she is the most amazing human being, pure of heart. I know why she does this, she has just never doubted me before. I was floored. I'm sure we'll get past it, she's already apologized. I told her she needs to examine why she does this and fix it so she doesn't alienate anyone else. I trust that she will do it. She's a good girl.

Yes, you get tired of being the brunt of their abuse.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:19 PM

295 posts, read 667,473 times
Wow, this happens to me all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships