Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:21 PM

943 posts, read 3,160,172 times

Advertisements

I have to assume that most of you have average or slightly above intellectual skills. How would you feel if you were thrown in a world where everyone you came in contact with was a certified idiot? They had a official IQ of about 60.

That is how one man I know who is a certified genius. He has a very- very- very- high IQ. He reminds me of Mr Spock and is very logical, unemotional and analytical. He does not interact well with the average person for the same reason you and I do not interact very successfully with an idiot.

They say most true geniuses have a constant struggle in an insane world where 99% of people interact, think and see things completely differently because of their intelligence.

Could a true genius learn how to interact effectively and even become friends with us idiots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 04:06 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
The whole IQ thing is a myth.

When it comes to practical application, those IQ buggers flunk, big time.

It's like wishful thinking versus reality.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:28 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
well if he is unemotional and very logical it probably doesn't really bother him. he must understand why. it might be lonely for him though

Old 07-10-2009, 04:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
I have to assume that most of you have average or slightly above intellectual skills. How would you feel if you were thrown in a world where everyone you came in contact with was a certified idiot? They had a official IQ of about 60.

That is how one man I know who is a certified genius. He has a very- very- very- high IQ. He reminds me of Mr Spock and is very logical, unemotional and analytical. He does not interact well with the average person for the same reason you and I do not interact very successfully with an idiot.

They say most true geniuses have a constant struggle in an insane world where 99% of people interact, think and see things completely differently because of their intelligence.

Could a true genius learn how to interact effectively and even become friends with us idiots?

Well, I haven't had a lot of problems in dealing with all you average people and idiots here on CD.

You gotta tell me who "they" are!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Well, I haven't had a lot of problems in dealing with all you average people and idiots here on CD.

You gotta tell me who "they" are!
I'm tempted to use my magic ink

Old 07-10-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
I'm tempted to use my magic ink
Use it!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:02 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
Default well

i was just going to post something about my intense dislike for groups of people and conversation when i spotted this post

I fit the description of the analytical, logical and unemotional person mentioned above, tho i don't consider myself a genius nor do i want to be considered one, yet i find myself avoiding groups of people conversing because i find many people boring, pathetic, sadistic and just plain nauseating and sekf serving. not EVERYONE, but it's just getting worse every day. i don't think i have had a conversation where i felt taken or had in over a decade. and i often get raised eyebrows when i choose not to attend company parties or take lunchbreaks with others. others say things to me and i have no response to them because i am busy doing what i am supposed to be doing, and they are offended because i didn't answer them when they are sitting on their a***s

Old 07-10-2009, 07:03 PM

A little levity wouldn't kill ya!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
I just try to get along with her the best I can and wipe the drool off her chin when she needs it done.

She is good at sitting on the porch and as John Prine says "Just a shuckin' that corn"

Old 07-10-2009, 07:10 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
i was just going to post something about my intense dislike for groups of people and conversation when i spotted this post

I fit the description of the analytical, logical and unemotional person mentioned above, tho i don't consider myself a genius nor do i want to be considered one, yet i find myself avoiding groups of people conversing because i find many people boring, pathetic, sadistic and just plain nauseating and sekf serving. not EVERYONE, but it's just getting worse every day. i don't think i have had a conversation where i felt taken or had in over a decade. and i often get raised eyebrows when i choose not to attend company parties or take lunchbreaks with others. others say things to me and i have no response to them because i am busy doing what i am supposed to be doing, and they are offended because i didn't answer them when they are sitting on their a***s
Never been married to a redhead I see....you'd lose THAT attitude(along with a bunch of other stuff) pretty quick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships