U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-27-2009, 07:48 PM

13,779 posts, read 16,055,913 times
Default Does anyone else wonder what on earth is wrong with people who always blame others for...

their own shortcomings?

There is a certain situation I keep running into with someone who did some pretty terrible things, blames others for the repercussions of her actions and has no clue she brought all this on herself. Or does she know she is to blame but is too ego driven to admit it?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 07:54 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,225,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Or does she know she is to blame but is too ego driven to admit it?
She might. Or she might not have figured it out yet.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
She might. Or she might not have figured it out yet.
Sierra, I am so aggravated I could scream! Surely no one can be so dense they are always stirring trouble but pointing blame elsewhere...or are folks that ignorant? Makes my head hurt...

Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,225,654 times
Quote:
Sierra, I am so aggravated I could scream! Surely no one can be so dense they are always stirring trouble but pointing blame elsewhere...or are folks that ignorant? Makes my head hurt...
I used to be like you. I no longer scream. It's not worth it.

Found out it's a whole lot better to keep quiet and not speak with people who irritate me. My shoulders and neck don't hurt as much. It's a matter of survival.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 PM

4,892 posts, read 11,415,092 times
some people use others as an excuse to horrible things. sort of a tit for tat....
i cant stand people like that. i have family members who will give only as much as they get. its the same nonsense. if you are not willing to give a bit more, with the knowledge that you may never get anything at all in return, or that it might blow up in your face, then the world wont change.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 PM

7,908 posts, read 8,464,392 times
Quote:
their own shortcomings?

There is a certain situation I keep running into with someone who did some pretty terrible things, blames others for the repercussions of her actions and has no clue she brought all this on herself. Or does she know she is to blame but is too ego driven to admit it?
Whatever it is, you can't make her see it. I know it's annoying. You have to decide how much of it you are willing to absorb long term. I have also elected to steer clear of those types.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Whatever it is, you can't make her see it. I know it's annoying. You have to decide how much of it you are willing to absorb long term. I have also elected to steer clear of those types.
I guess I just wonder how someone like that makes it very far in life...ehhh, too much work...you are all right!

Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I guess I just wonder how someone like that makes it very far in life...ehhh, too much work...you are all right!
I used to be that woman, MS. I dwelled on all the wrongs done to me, blamed them all for my poor judgment. The people around me were tired of hearing me complain about the same thing over and over and I couldnt understand why. After all, they were abusive, not me. I refused to change anything about what I was doing because I wasn't the one misbehaving. It was when I realized how miserable I really was, even knowing that I was a good person wasn't enough. I did some research and realized I was co-dependent. It is a hard thing to break out of. Still, no one else should have had to suffer through it with me.

So, yes, just say "no" to drama crack.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I used to be that woman, MS. I dwelled on all the wrongs done to me, blamed them all for my poor judgment. The people around me were tired of hearing me complain about the same thing over and over and I couldnt understand why. After all, they were abusive, not me. I refused to change anything about what I was doing because I wasn't the one misbehaving. It was when I realized how miserable I really was, even knowing that I was a good person wasn't enough. I did some research and realized I was co-dependent. It is a hard thing to break out of. Still, no one else should have had to suffer through it with me.

So, yes, just say "no" to drama crack.
Drama crack??? OK, I am laughing now!

Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Drama crack??? OK, I am laughing now!
Good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships