U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:07 PM
 
339 posts, read 1,369,668 times
Reputation: 192

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
My dad, uncles, brothers, husband and sons are all tall, and I never see them starting fights with people. Perhaps the OP has issues of his own - hence the question.
Congratulations on having family members that aren't like that. Just as not all tall guys are *******s to people that are smaller than them, not all short guys try to compensate for their lack of height, however, there are outliers, and I was just wondering if there was a term for that.

And btw, your first "answer" was COMPLETELY unnecessary, so please spare me the "you asked, I answered". And no, I do not have issues, nor do I start fights with tall people, despite being 5 foot 6. Again, I just asked, since people have a term for short guys if there was something similar for tall guys, so please take your sarcasm and ASSumptions elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,226 posts, read 25,233,107 times
Reputation: 12386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
Congratulations on having family members that aren't like that. Just as not all tall guys are *******s to people that are smaller than them, not all short guys try to compensate for their lack of height, however, there are outliers, and I was just wondering if there was a term for that.

And btw, your first "answer" was COMPLETELY unnecessary, so please spare me the "you asked, I answered". And no, I do not have issues, nor do I start fights with tall people, despite being 5 foot 6. Again, I just asked, since people have a term for short guys if there was something similar for tall guys, so please take your sarcasm and ASSumptions elsewhere.
Wow! You're an angry little thing, aren't you! Why you took my first post as "hostility" is beyond me. Because of your reaction, I have no other alternative but to conclude that you have issues and indeed are suffering from some sort of complex. It looks like you're the hostile one in here, amigo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
 
Location: In my skin
8,053 posts, read 9,100,340 times
Reputation: 7911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Wow! You're an angry little thing, aren't you! Why you took my first post as "hostility" is beyond me. Because of your reaction, I have no other alternative but to conclude that you have issues and indeed are suffering from some sort of complex. It looks like you're the hostile one in here, amigo.
Could he be having a Shaq Attack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,226 posts, read 25,233,107 times
Reputation: 12386
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Could he be having a Shaq Attack?
I think so. He is too funny! He comes in here complaining about the very thing he is the embodiment of!!! Where do they get these people from???!!!

I know why they call him "Jump Man" because he jumps to conclusions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
 
Location: So Cal
24,865 posts, read 18,618,605 times
Reputation: 23377
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Not in my experience. I'm 6'6 and in my teens and early 20's, it was the shorter guys who would try to mess with me and start something.

Being tall isn't always all it's cracked up to be anyway. As a tall person, you automatically "stand out" and I'm not the kind of person who likes to stand out, or be asked if I play basketball.

EDIT: the funny thing is, I've crossed paths with many fellow tall people in my life and I can honestly say that I don't believe any of them would purposely look to start a fight with anyone, never mind someone shorter than them.
Whew, 6'6" is a big fella, I'm sure you get every short dude giving you the evil eye.

I think 5'10" or 6' is a good height for men. Tall enough to command respect, yet you don't get to hear all of the stupid jokes/comments people make.

Silly things like "How's the weather up there"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,226 posts, read 25,233,107 times
Reputation: 12386
Just curious - is the OP really Joseph from Hell's Kitchen who got booted off last week? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Houston
302 posts, read 510,393 times
Reputation: 361
I think it is interesting that some of you do not see the irony in your responses. You are jumping down someone's throat and throwing out insults because they are being "hostile". Kettle, black?

I get "defending yourself", but honestly....it is not that difficult to take what people say with a grain of salt, and to just not reply if they take what YOU say the wrong way. There is a difference between tactfully standing up for yourself and behaving like a 5th grade bully.

And my nickname was Shaq when I played basketball, so watch how you use it

Last edited by Andreams; 08-02-2009 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:39 PM
 
339 posts, read 1,369,668 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Just curious - is the OP really Joseph from Hell's Kitchen who got booted off last week? Just wondering.
Aside from this person I am quoting, anyone have any insight about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:42 PM
 
339 posts, read 1,369,668 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreams View Post
I think it is interesting that some of you do not see the irony in your responses. You are jumping down someone's throat and throwing out insults because they are being "hostile". Kettle, black?

I get "defending yourself", but honestly....it is not that difficult to take what people say with a grain of salt, and to just not reply if they take what YOU say the wrong way. There is a difference between tactfully standing up for yourself and behaving like a 5th grade bully.

And my nickname was Shaq when I played basketball, so watch how you use it
I'm throwing insults at that person? Well if that's really the impression I give, then I'm sorry, however, I do not think I am (please cite an example of where I insulted he or she). The excessive use of is much more insulting IMO, as it implies that what's being said is stupid, so I really don't get how calling someone out for that makes me insulting, but whatever. I really don't care if some people on the internet think I'm arrogant for asking a simple question, and getting annoyed by an unwarranted sarcastic response

However, can we please drop this BS, and just get back to the original question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2009, 07:44 PM
 
Location: The Shires
2,257 posts, read 688,170 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Whew, 6'6" is a big fella, I'm sure you get every short dude giving you the evil eye.

I think 5'10" or 6' is a good height for men. Tall enough to command respect, yet you don't get to hear all of the stupid jokes/comments people make.

Silly things like "How's the weather up there"
I'd love to be 6'1....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top