Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:32 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,890,786 times

Advertisements

Does it **** you off if friends don't "FaceBook" with you? On the flip side, do you wonder why others facebook?

I don't know how many times I have been asked, "Do you have a FaceBook page?" I mean, I get asked about it A LOT! I guess it is the thing now because the women I have met always seem to ask. Is this suppose to be a man's background check?

What kind of people do you noticing using it from your past?

I just never really got it, or got into it. I'm the last hold-out from the popular clique from HS. I have nothing to be ashamed about, great body, great career, etc. In a way, it is not that I am ashamed of anything but too humble to post anything up. In all ways, I am better off than those I know. I figure, no use rubbing it in their face.

And two, I have a wide variety of friends and take care not to mix the two. I don't see any way to not do this on FaceBook from what I understand. I personally know old church ladies that are facebooking but also know the town skank facebooking also. You see, I have friends across all spectrums. Would be kind of weird for a godly friend of mine to visit my facebook, look through MY friends and see another good friend of mine wearing red panties and spread eagle.

And three, I just can't sit down at night and update my life or even care to. I'm kind of a private person in that light. I'm not really into reading over other people's lives either. I more of a "caller" and that applies to texting also. I tend to call everyone at least once a month to catch up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 07:34 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,498,287 times
No, but then again I am not 14

Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 PM

45,092 posts, read 60,158,471 times
What is Facebook?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:38 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,674,083 times
I am guilty of asking people

Old 09-07-2009, 07:40 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,488,463 times
Sorry, but I prefer MySpace and plan on staying there.
What's all this hoopla about Facebook all of a sudden? And Twitter? When I flip on the TV and see people like Regis Philbin and the local news anchors talking about Facebook-ing or Twitter-ing them, it's gone too far.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 PM

358 posts, read 980,323 times
MySpace is a garbage dump in comparison to Facebook.

Plus, Facebook is just a great way to keep in touch with all of your friends.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:01 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,414,557 times
It works for some, not for others.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:14 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,887,744 times
It's an ego trip for some, and a personal bulletin board and scrapbook for others. Some of the "friends" won't be there in a week, or month. It's like a field full of flowers, or looking at seashells. Grazers, browsers, and people who will stick around because they really enjoy what you might have to share.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:18 PM

467 posts, read 711,258 times
Lol. I'm on facebook everyday, and it's interesting to know what other people are doing, feeling and playing (don't take these in a nasty/dirty sense.) I mean i'm in high school, so don't take my word for it if you don't believe me. I think facebook is pretty cool, and it gives you a chance to interact even when you're not looking to be anywhere. This could also pose a problem of being less social, and you just don't hang out ever, but why that should ever happen, I have no idea.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,927,041 times
I used to HATE all forms of social networking and I hated it, even more, when people would ask what I was 'on'. After one of my relatives left for Afghanistan, I caved in and decided to join just so I could keep up with what was going on with him.

I now keep in touch with friends and fam all over the world. I know everyone on my list- I don't add random people for the 'fun' of it. I view it as more of a scrapbook than anything else. If anyone wants to see pics of our last vacation, pics of a relatives new baby, send invites for events, etc, we log on to facebook. Obviously it doesn't substitute for phonecalls, sending pics in the mail or writing letters but it's alot more centralized.

I'm usually wary and critical about things like this (twitter, myspace, etc) but I realize you have to use technology to your advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships