Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 03:51 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times

Advertisements

It’s unnatural to walk around like an animal I think. Especially as a guy I don’t want things just hanging out, I like everything tight fitting and snug. Feels much more comfortable and natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 11:25 AM

1,201 posts, read 804,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I find this odd when people do this...fig leaves people...grab your fig leaves.

But the current I live with (exso) just has always done this. Not like watching tv nude and stuff. But the worst is when he just stands there like superman and talk about something mundane. Its like...dude...put on some pants.
I also had a roomate that would do this. I woke up one morning and she was cooking eggs topless. Which when I looked at her like WTF...she started laughing and realized how odd it looked....But otherwise she would walk around brushing her teeth in the nude, eat fast dinners half nude...
Another roomate that was a guy would just walk around in his underwear only. Some were speedo version looking like things...

Is this strange to you or are you a nudie too?
No, not weird to me. We're all naked under our clothes. I'd rather have someone walking around naked than feeling comfortable farting around the house!

Old 07-30-2018, 12:13 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It’s unnatural to walk around like an animal I think.
Why? Especially given we _are_ animals. Do you think we are not somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
especially as a guy I don’t want things just hanging out
Which is fine. No one is asking you to. But what you personally _want_ is not indicative of what is "natural" or not.

What feels personally comfortable is subjective. I was only last week over in Germany visiting a friend and my kids and his (4 year old boys and 7 year old girls) were pretty much naked the entire time for 4 days. In the garden and in the house. They did not seem to find any comfort issues.

Likely what is happening here is not that clothing is comfortable to you - but you have become accustomed to them. Which feels the same of course - but are still very different things.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:00 AM

727 posts, read 151,972 times
Quote:
Why? Especially given we _are_ animals. Do you think we are not somehow?
Indeed....I think its UNNATURAL to wear clothes!! (We are the only animal who has to wear clothes...... WHY?? (If its not cold outside why do people care so much??))

Old 07-30-2018, 04:18 PM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthouse View Post
Indeed....I think its UNNATURAL to wear clothes!! (We are the only animal who has to wear clothes...... WHY?? (If its not cold outside why do people care so much??))
I went back and forth with people in a thread about nudity for a while here and eventually realized something...

Despite the fact that I am comfortable in my own skin and enjoy being nude and don't really find it alarming to be that way around other people (who have consented to an environment where people are naked)...I think that in general public, I do actually like the idea of people's bottom-parts being covered. Mostly because of germs, and secretions and hygiene and sweat...I don't want to sit on a public seat somewhere that someone's junk has been all over you know? Just a matter of being a bit more sanitary, by preference. I heard somewhere that nudists often carry around a towel and sit on it. But I've never been to a nudist place so I wouldn't know. (My experiences are at a private adult club, so a bit different.)

However, I think that the naked body is not in and of itself some horrible nasty thing to see, no matter if someone is youthful and toned, or not, I've gotten used to seeing beauty in all colors, shapes, sizes and ages, bodies are bodies. I think that the excessive sexualization is very . Sometimes I feel like "muggles" (what we call vanilla normal people) are way too obsessed with sex.

And everyone should be allowed to be topless if anyone is. There are plenty of men with larger bosoms than I have, if they can let 'em hang out, then women should be allowed to be shirtless as well. At least women have a biological purpose to our mammaries...men going topless is for their own comfort and no other reason at all.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:05 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
My wife has a friend who does this. She's drop dead georgeous and has a body to die for though. Maybe the fact that she's European (Russian) and doesnt have any issues/hangups about her body. She lives alone, but has no problem being nude at home. When we visit, my wife always tells her that Im with her so that she'd go put on something.
Uhhh, mind if I tag along on your next visit?😇

Old 08-02-2018, 09:17 PM

4,206 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
No, not weird to me. We're all naked under our clothes. I'd rather have someone walking around naked than feeling comfortable farting around the house!

Moderator cut: deleted

As for the nudity question it depends on variety of things:
1) environmental conditions in the domicile
2) whether the other individuals regard nudity with nonchalance
3) whether the other individuals are in romantic relationship or a roommate
4) whether the furniture and furnishings are 'nudity friendly' I won't go into detail, but a simple example for definite covering would be wicker or cane seats (or course you could walk around with a towel but that sort of defeats the purpose and intent)
5) as a previous poster mentioned in the kitchen can be dangerous depending on what type of cooking or prep one is engaged in....

Made me think of Seinfeld episodes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUQyXI0Sns
Lot of truth to the good and bad naked...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOybOdWctT4

Last edited by june 7th; 08-03-2018 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 08-03-2018, 02:49 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
My wife has a friend who does this. She's drop dead georgeous and has a body to die for though. Maybe the fact that she's European (Russian) and doesnt have any issues/hangups about her body. She lives alone, but has no problem being nude at home. When we visit, my wife always tells her that Im with her so that she'd go put on something.

What a spoilsport your wife is.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:22 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
No. A don is not wearing shorts, and off course not nude.

Old 08-04-2018, 01:50 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
No. A don is not wearing shorts, and off course not nude.
a don doesn't wear shorts (carmine l on the sopranos)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships