U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:31 AM

4,247 posts, read 9,158,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay grim View Post
There is nothing that says you have to associate with your friend's friends.

As far as Thanksgiving goes-kill her with kindness, anything less and you will look like the bad guy. Just my opinion.
Thanks, but it isn't going to happen. Too many things have happened in the course of five days and I have to back out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 02:38 AM

147 posts, read 282,870 times
I am sorry all of this has happened when all you were trying to do was invite someone to dinner. I must say I am proud of you-others may have gone to the dinner and be totally miserable. I am happy that you see yourself and your time as more valuable!

Old 11-21-2009, 02:41 AM

15,724 posts, read 22,786,842 times
[quote=movin'on;11697363]There is this woman - a friend of a friend - I invited to dinner, along with my friend. I phoned her a couple times in a week. She said she'd return my phone call and never did. Anyway, she said she'd come to dinner, then did not even bother to personally call me to tell me she couldn't make it. She made up some excuse to my friend about her car not working. My friend offered to go pick her up and she said no. I have to see this person on Thanksgiving. I am miffed. Would you say anything or just let it go?[/quote]

The list of excuses could go on and on. You have a right to the opinions
and feelings about ppl, but this is so far off from the original post above,
I'm not sure what the real reason for the question was at this point.

I do think your decision to stay home for Thanksgiving is in
everyones best interest and the girl in actuality did you a favor
turning down your invitation.

Enjoy Thanksgiving.

Last edited by virgode; 11-21-2009 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay grim View Post
I am sorry all of this has happened when all you were trying to do was invite someone to dinner. I must say I am proud of you-others may have gone to the dinner and be totally miserable. I am happy that you see yourself and your time as more valuable!
Thanks, fay grim! It's the right thing to do! My friend who is visiting would otherwise be alone. I see no reason to subject him to getting hit up for a loan, so all in all it's the best choice.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 AM

10,996 posts, read 11,143,929 times
Why would you want to be friends with a meth-head in the first place? If I was you, and thank god i'm not, I wouldn't even want this person to know my home phone.

Second of all, why would you assume that a friend of your friend, is your friend? I don't even want to hang out with my boyfriend's friends sometimes(and the boyfriend is very important, more so than a simple friend), much less invite them to dinner.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
[quote=movin'on;11697363]There is this woman - a friend of a friend - I invited to dinner, along with my friend. I phoned her a couple times in a week. She said she'd return my phone call and never did. Anyway, she said she'd come to dinner, then did not even bother to personally call me to tell me she couldn't make it. She made up some excuse to my friend about her car not working. My friend offered to go pick her up and she said no. I have to see this person on Thanksgiving. I am miffed. Would you say anything or just let it go?

The list of excuses could go on and on. You have a right to the opinions
and feelings about ppl, but this is so far off from the original post above,
I'm not sure what the real reason for the question was at this point.

I do think your decision to stay home for Thanksgiving is in
everyones best interest and the girl in actuality did you a favor
turning down your invitation.

Enjoy Thanksgiving.[/quote]

And you too Virgode, enjoy Thanksgiving. And P.S. - brush up on that HTML!

Old 11-21-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Why would you want to be friends with a meth-head in the first place? If I was you, and thank god i'm not, I wouldn't even want this person to know my home phone.

Second of all, why would you assume that a friend of your friend, is your friend? I don't even want to hang out with my boyfriend's friends sometimes(and the boyfriend is very important, more so than a simple friend), much less invite them to dinner.
I try to be open minded, as I am a liberal in good standing.

I don't want crack users, current or former, in my life. It's as simple as that. Been there, done that. I hate to be this way, but I've always felt that if one is willing to risk prison they must be of a different mindset. Again, I feel guilty over feeling this way, but it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post

Exactly, and was upset enough about it to post the question.

25,947 posts, read 25,894,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, cheers back to you! My comment is valid. It is odd to go hunt through someone else's posts unless there is a compelling reason to do so - as a shrink might do. None of us are shrinks and, quite frankly, STT, I'd consider myself to be a bit "stalkerish" to go look through your post history. While you are a valued contributor here, you are simply not that important to me personally - as should be the case. If my motive were to help you, that would be a different thing perhaps. If my motive were to dredge up something to make you look bad, that would be another case.

First, no one hunted through your posts. I posted in that ridiculous thread, the post was in my own and the thread was still on the second page of the forum at that time - so no one hunted or stalked it was a matter of days not months or years it was right there. You don't have to go to great lengths to crack a nut and you made yourself look bad not me. I didn't post that thread - YOU did.

You are more than a bit 'stalkish' as displayed in that thread of threats, stalking and harassment of your ex like even quoting a line from Fatal Attraction. Off the charts and you talk about manners and proper decorum???

Quote:
Fair enough, but I have little patience for someone who uses someone financially and refuses to work herself. .
And I, and maybe she, doen't have any patience for stalking harassers that exhibit extremely unstable behavior. It never occurs to you that the things you post and say may be extremely disturbing to others and it may be YOUR behavior and personality - not someone else's.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
I try to be open minded, as I am a liberal in good standing.

I don't want crack users, current or former, in my life. It's as simple as that. Been there, done that. I hate to be this way, but I've always felt that if one is willing to risk prison they must be of a different mindset. Again, I feel guilty over feeling this way, but it is what it is.
You didn't feel quilty until she didn't show after your invitation.
Puzzling.
EDIT
Or give a thought that this was the lifestyle of your friends friend, unti she didn't show.
She would have never been invited to my house for dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or