U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:28 PM

146 posts, read 232,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
I'm sorry, this story sounds like a Seth Rogen movie! (hilarious!) Now I can giggle myself to sleep...
I really wish this was fiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM

2,036 posts, read 2,975,777 times
Lol. Don't sweat it..just do it..and don't allow another man to wear any article of your clothes again...unless he is severely bleeding...One of many stories from my days in Lawrence..

Old 11-22-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
yeah man, that sounds like a very bad night out...and here is my advise..Fly Solo...Strike out on your own...sounds too simple right??
It does.

Like I said, it's so hard to work up the courage to try to chat up a girl when you have no one to fall back on if you get rejected. I'm worried girls are gonna think "who's that creepy loner?"

Old 11-22-2009, 10:55 PM

147 posts, read 192,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Then your not stuck driving Daryl and his other brother Daryl back home
That is by far one of the funniest things I have read here in a long time.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:13 PM

Why waste your time worrying about it..you are only a loner/looser if you think you are(which im sure you are not)...and if some woman was to say that/think that to herself..then why would you want to say one word or waste time on her???..when there might be 12 other single ladies around who would see your efforts to pursue what you want, independent of having some cheese ball friend to fall back on as an extremely attractive/alluring trait...(shows confidence=not being afraid to be/think independently of his goof ball friends..Daryl and Daryl if you will...

If i would have thought that, i would have missed out on pretty much everything..and it would only be my fault for choosing to belittle myself and not having the courage and confidence that i should...Heck..i would have never taught myself how to break dance...and yet, there i was standing in front of a speaker...by myself..until i started meeting the group of other break dancers who were already regulars there..These same people whoe'd ultimately became my family, who together with, we'd share all sorts of life experiences together.....I would have never met any of them, nor would i have gotten to meet so many talented musicians..let alone ran lights for them..with a crowd of 900-1500+ people perfectly able to see me up in the dj booth..

Now, when i was in Ohio, it was different..but, i still met people..usually,at first, id sit at the bar talking to the bar tenders playing the touch screen games..and when some woman came up to the bar,..id smile and proceed to start a conversation..otherwise, i worked on my soccer score on the touch screen..lol

Eventually, and fairly quickly, id start talking to everyone else..I never once felt alone or like a looser.. just putting myself out there and allowing time to work it's magic..is all you need..

Even in the worst cases, at some point, something funny will happen near by and either you and the girl standing next to you will laugh about it..then perhaps strike a conversation..or, you and the guy next to you will laugh about it and start discussing the girls there...it will happen, as long as you are present..and patient..

Its all about courage and choosing to spit on fear...and chicks dig that.. or, at least the good ones do..Plus, it is such an alluring color to wear, lol..

Old 11-22-2009, 11:22 PM

25,170 posts, read 32,358,536 times
This is humorous but on your point of view I can see why you are angry and upset. You seem very proactive and very assertive. You might want to go out by yourself, play it cool and suave, and see what happens. Also you could relax a little and not be so perfectionistic. And if you have to take your friends out next time make sure they are prepared and understand your concerns.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
This is humorous but on your point of view I can see why you are angry and upset. You seem very proactive and very assertive. You might want to go out by yourself, play it cool and suave, and see what happens. Also you could relax a little and not be so perfectionistic.
I don't think it's perfectionist to understand that it's not cool to ask someone, a girl no less, if they're wealthy or what kind of illnesses their family has.

My friends did and said a lot of other stupid things that night too that's I've forcefully forgotten.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:43 PM

Don't worry so much about your friends..let them shoot themselves in the feet...worry ONLY about yourself..unless you want them to date the girl for you..

Again Grasshopper, only you can become the most attractive light in the room..otherwise, someone else will shine brighter..

Old 11-22-2009, 11:52 PM

2,382 posts, read 2,404,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leather Jacket View Post
It does.

Like I said, it's so hard to work up the courage to try to chat up a girl when you have no one to fall back on if you get rejected. I'm worried girls are gonna think "who's that creepy loner?"
Go out someplace where you at least know some people. Socialize a bit (even if just to say "hey, what's up'), pick up a pool game or dart game (if you go to that kind of place). That might mask the whole loner thing. And hell, you might even make some new friends out of the deal.

One thing's for sure, though...if you are out on the prowl, you might want to leave out the obnoxious group of friends - they're really not doing you any favors

Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 PM

327 posts, read 546,875 times
My friends were some straight up losers too, out in Chicago. They do nothin but sit around and watch TV all fridays and saturdays, and never have any money and are always broke, spendin all their money weed. I had my own place, my own job, my own money, and ambition to socialize and do things with my life. I ditched them at the same time I had to move to another city, and I've never been happier since. I'm focussin alot on me right now, my thing is music. It is what keeps me busy, and that has been a way better friend than these loser friends I've known my wholel life- and can make you some serious mula in the future too. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends when I enroll in school in the spring, people who actually wanna do stuff and meet other people, and maybe have a goal for a career, or even just hobby of some sort. Ditch these losers, focus on yourself and what you want, and friends will come with it in the future. Trust me, you'll be alot happier with these losers off your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships