U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 AM

8,004 posts, read 10,037,054 times

Advertisements

Okay....I stopped at page 5....why? because I have things to do....real life to live. I do have to say though..... O....M....G!!!!!!!! Really?......REALLY!? If I knew you better, I'd probably say you're insecure, jealous, immature.....and a control freak.....but then I don't know you, so I would probably be wrong to make such assumptions. I do have to say though....I laughed harder, reading this thread, than I have laughed in a very, very long time...and for that, I thank you...AND all of you who responded to the OP. BTW....I do NOT have FB....and apparently, thank God for that! I can not imagine adding so much drama to my life....jeez, who KNEW????? rotflol!! Oh yeah, maybe I missed your answer somewhere here....after all, I quit at page 5......HOW OLD ARE YOU!!??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 AM

392 posts, read 974,806 times
It absolutely amazes me how off topic most of these threads become. Read the last 5 or so posts. what planet are your posters on? Good grief, DM eachother already!

Old 12-20-2009, 11:10 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,656,059 times
Are you sure you're really an adult? Grow up. Your cousin is an adult and who she associates with is none of your freaking business.

Word of advice--mental health therapy.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 PM

522 posts, read 1,240,492 times
Seriously?

Facebook or not, whether they met through you or not they can befriend anyone they want and they don't need your permission to do so.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:27 PM

14,411 posts, read 26,229,960 times
If I was your male friend, and you started telling me who I am going to be "facebook friends" with, you and I probably won't be hanging out much.

Get a freaking grip.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:21 AM

3,437 posts, read 5,509,280 times
I quit my day job to be a full time farmer on Facebook. Now I ride my virtual horse all day and look after my cows, LIFE IS GOOD!

Old 12-21-2009, 12:40 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,869,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
I'm not going to demand that he deletes her, but AS HIS FRIEND, I'm going to ASK him to delete her because it makes me uncomfortable, and he's not really friends with her in the first place, so why should he have a problem deleting her if I ask him to and explain to him why it makes me uncomfortable?
Once we are out of elementary school we realize that people we know sometimes become friends and it isn't our business.
If she asked and he accepted then it's between them. If he felt he didn't know her (or want to know her), he would have declined.

Don't forget that some people just add everyone they can to have a large amount of "friends".

Old 04-16-2010, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,327 times
this is fantastic. I JUST GOT DONE sending the following email to a coworker, after searching for "facebook friend stealer" on the internet to see if i was crazy or alone. And you are def on the same page as I am. As for myself, i let people train me how to treat them. Once i know a person is a friend-stealer, i have learned my lesson. Do not call them out. Put them in a file mentally, and keep anyone you dont want stolen from around them. Anyway, enjoy:

How do you feel about facebook friend stealing? I am too possessive. But I always notice when my friends add my brother and flirt with him, etc. or when say a cute guy I knew from school in BOSTON is now friends with a chick on my friends list from Chattanooga.. that couldn’t possibly have known each other outside of having me as a mutual friend? Like my bff from college.. I just noticed that she “liked” my brother’s army photos. She never even told me she liked him or thought he was cute or added him or whatever. I know, I know. I gotta stop it. I’m such an only child.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,315,569 times
I'm sorry to be dense, but how are you an only child if you have a brother?

Old 04-16-2010, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,327 times
stepbrother. i grew up as an only child. sorry for the miscommunication. anyway. i fully do NOT intend on being attacked in such a way as you all have attacked this poor girl.. i dont actually need advice.. i just happened to find someone who agreed with my own, personal, HIDDEN feelings about facebook friend stealers.. and, more accurately - female friends who want to hook up with any man not nailed down. That is the TRUE root of the problem. I have had that girlfriend many a time in my life. I keep her away from ALL MALES I KNOW including family members. It's actually embarrassing the way those women act, yet at the same time insulting that they assume their personal arsenal of men includes those in your life. SO... MY POINT IS i feel you, bangbang. I do. But do you see why i keep that jealousy to myself? i have identified it as personal jealousy, and i KNOW it's irrational. But.. yes. it pops up in my own life. And i'm sorry you were attacked so repeatedly by people insensitive to your situation.

Much love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships