Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
On my way to this thread I found a couple of hearts on the floor....a see a few people are missing them here.... How very sad that something so important to someone else and so trivial to someone else can let it ruin your day because it forced you into an emotion...zero tolerance for others I see and this my friends is where the world is going.
The passion against it is what intrigues me. Really? Is it that bad to you? I'd like to see this kind of passion for--forget the obvious, the child abusers, animal abusers, drug dealers, etc--start with those ugly political signs polluting the streets and roads. Those eyesores! And they don't always pick them up when the elections are over. Those are far more prevalent than the occasional memorial sign attached to someone's personal property.

ETA: Good post, btw, crazyworld.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Ignorance is thinking that a child's death or anybodies death for that matter but specially a child who didn't have the chance to live and experience the many things about life isn't going effect a stranger's emotion, I guess for some it won't but most people are going to go into thought about it.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:29 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I especially don't get when people put an ad in the newspaper saying something like, "We miss you and will always love you, Ronnie". Love mom and Dad.
Do Mom and Dad think Ronnie is still reading the paper?

Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It can be just as annoying to come across a stream of consciousness word salad, but here they are every day in all theire glory. Losing extended amounts of time over it is silly.
Bad analogy, Brawny. Ya see, us posters voluntarily come to this forum to post and to read posts--some of which we enjoy and some of which we do not. But the fact remains that we choose to be here.
But with the "In memory of.." stickers they are thrust into our line of vision and thus our lives whether we like it or not. The postee of these is, thusly, forcing their private feelings on us, unbidden.
Nobody on the other hand forces you to log on to CD.
Capische?

Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
This was not Virginia Tech and I doubt they were on a mission to hurt someone...they like you were probably driving to work.
I sincerely doubt that when that person got in their car they said to themselves Oh let me go find a guy called Lionking and ruin his day.

Droopy pants bother me but I don't let it ruin my day. Ignorance ruins it though.

What a waste of energy.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Maybe they weren't trying to play on emotion, I am just saying that it can. Yes tomorrow will be a better day why? Because this thread and this topic will go to the back of my mind and I'll move on, and that is what is suppose to happen with grief. You loose someone and sometimes it comes out in front of your mind and you then some days are better than others, and as time goes by the pain becomes less, not more trivial but less powerful. If it didn't you would self destruct.

9/11 was mentioned as comparison in the thread. Do you all look at the photos of it everyday? Do you purposely remind yourself of it everyday to purposely stay angry and sad about it? I bet you don't and that is normal. Pain and anger has its purpose but to be consumed with it and feel comfortable with it is unhealthy. At some point you gotta let go and find some kind of peace from it when dealing with a lost love one.

My purpose in this thread is done, obviously some agree some don't that is just the way it is and that is that. Tomorrow I resume with my hedonistic topics.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Bad analogy, Brawny. Ya see, us posters voluntarily come to this forum to post and to read posts--some of which we enjoy and some of which we do not. But the fact remains that we choose to be here.
But with the "In memory of.." stickers they are thrust into our line of vision and thus our lives whether we like it or not. The postee of these is, thusly, forcing their private feelings on us, unbidden.
Capische?
OMG This is getting absurd. LOL

Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I always like those stickers of stick-figure people like a mom, dad, three kids, and a pet, with everybody's names under or above the stick figure. I always thought it would be wicked-cool to get a whole bunch of those stickers and put them all over the entire back window - I'm talking HUNDREDS of stick figures! Then, just for S&G's, maybe put some red X's through some of the stick figures.

This is a good idea, right?

*** (For those of you who aren't down with the lingo ... S&G's are sh*ts and giggles)

Old 12-16-2009, 06:54 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Capische?
I have never seen one of these stickers. Is there nobody from Jersey to MA that uses them? Probably. I don't read bumper stickers. Simple enough. And no, I don't come to this forum to read word salads. I come to this forum for the many excellent posters. But, of course there are those that vomit through their fingers from time to time. I can choose to read or not to read their posts. Just like any of you can choose not to read a bumper sticker.

I also don't buy into the idea of emotional trauma proported over bumper stickers. Give yourselves and everybody else a break with that one. If you all were so darn sensitive threads like this wouldn't be created.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 12-16-2009 at 07:23 PM..

Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Funny that some are portraying my view as narcissism for not wanting to know about their personal grief, when I see it as narcissism on their part for wanting others to feel sad and the pain by letting others know of their personal loss.

Yes my view is wisdom, when it comes to loss and grief. You never get over it but time helps lessen the pain and you have it go more to the back of your mind. To keep your pain fresh in your memory and want it to be that way is unhealthy.
I agree, if you are sincerely grieving would you really want to reopen that wound while driving your car? Why would somebody want to turn their loss into an advertisement for the world to see?

Old 12-16-2009, 09:34 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
I always wonder if the person died in an automobile accident?

I have to admit, I'm intrigued by the irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships