Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Most Snakes aren't UNDERStood. They don't wish to HARM YOU.
Finally somebody understands!

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...es/awhn88l.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 10:34 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This reminds me of a time I was camping at Beaver pond. We heard a leak spring. By morning, they had it all patched up lol.

For some time we lived in some housing outside Fort Jackson. I remember some very small snakes were coming up thru the sink faucets for a short period of time...

I remember on weekends, all us'n Kids traded comic books a lot in this housing area...

heeheehee

Old 01-04-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This reminds me of a time I was camping at Beaver pond. We heard a leak spring. By morning, they had it all patched up lol.

One summer when we had a drought, the snake/tadpole/fishin' pond went WAy DOwn...

They found a Skeleton in it.

I never heard who the poor soul was...

Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, if you asked me about any distinguishing marks on a snake that just slithered by I would only be able to tell you I believe it had to have been a python Garden snake, python?? They are all the same in my book

Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

i iz mucho Glad you understands ssssssssenorita (pequito) (comprende)

Mi Amiga

xoxoxoxoxo

Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Haha, I'm 'not indoorsy', I love the outdoors, particularly alpine mountains and temperate forests. My family wasn't outdoorsy as I grew up, but as soon as I could drive I was in the mountains any chance I had.

I'm sure locality has a lot to do with being outdoorsy or not. If the weather was always hot, humid, or wet, or very buggy, I'd avoid it (and did when I lived in Houston). Luckily around here it isn't buggy and wildlife isn't too big a concern if one is careful. There are rattlesnakes, but can usually be avoided with care. I have had a close encounter wih a cougar, but he wasn't interested in me. I was chased by a momma moose last summer though, haha. Now that was a rush!

I live for the outdoors. Wife and I spent yesterday snowshoeing in a local canyon. A friend and I have an overnight snowshoeing trip planned for Feb. during which we will sleep in a snow cave. Going nordic skiing next week with wifey. Have several backcountry backpacking trips planned for this summer. Went on a backcountry hike a couple weeks ago in Zion NP.

Most of my friends are outdoorsy and adventurous also. My wife is, though much more into casual outdoorsy stuff. I don't like being pent up inside. I don't like being surrounded by concrete and steel and glass. I don't like crowds, traffic, nor pollution. So, obviously I'm not a big city person. As some of you hate the outdoors, I hate big cities. I can tolerate medium cities. It seems most on this forum like cities and city life, but not me.

To each our own. Do what makes you happy.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Haha, I'm 'not indoorsy', I love the outdoors, particularly alpine mountains and temperate forests...I don't like crowds, traffic, nor pollution. So, obviously I'm not a big city person. As some of you hate the outdoors, I hate big cities.

Exactly. That's why I live here:

Old 01-05-2010, 05:55 AM

302 posts, read 607,814 times
LOVE the photo...reminds me of when I lived in Montana / Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post

Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 AM

302 posts, read 607,814 times
Not a big city person either...suppose that's why I enjoy the outdoors so much. I enjoy being where I can hear myself think!!! Cities are too crowded and too confining Makes me feel like a caged animal!!!

To each their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I don't like being surrounded by concrete and steel and glass. I don't like crowds, traffic, nor pollution. So, obviously I'm not a big city person. As some of you hate the outdoors, I hate big cities. I can tolerate medium cities. It seems most on this forum like cities and city life, but not me.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
That view would be ok from a picture window while you are inside with the thermostat set at 72, in your jammies, sipping a hot toddy and listening to some smooth jazz on the stereo/radio. As far as being outside in THAT? I might choose it over GITMO. Maybe.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships