Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wish your siblings would leave you alone forever?
Yes, please let me finally have peace 14 48.28%
No, love all my sibling(s) 15 51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:41 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,470 times

Advertisements

I actually went the opposite direction in regards to my relationships with my siblings. I'm the oldest so when we were all growing up together in middle class suburbia Southern Califorinia in the 70's, I was always busy playing sports, and then music and surfing and girls, as well as doing more than my fair share of partying at a young age, thus, I never really had enough time for them, or maybe I was just to youthfully stupid and arrogant to make the time. Anyway, we were never that close and I left home for college at 19 and never returned.* But now that I'm in my 40's and we're spread all over the country, I miss them and wish I would've carved out more time for them and been a little nicer to them while we were together as kids. These days we keep in touch via phone calls and emails and occasionally see each other during the holidays. As I get older and hopefully a little bit wiser, it's occuring to me that all that really matters in this world is family. Or, as my Italian mother's people say, "La familia!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 04:03 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
I have one sibling who is about 11 years younger than I am. Consequently, we weren't really raised together. At 14 I went to a boarding/prepschool followed by college, followed by the military. One of the last things I heard from him, years ago, was that he hated our parents and couldn't wait until they died so he could get their money.

They did. He did. Changed his name and moved to another state. That was almost 20 years ago. Have neither seen nor heard from him since and don't care to.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:07 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
I do.

Funny how some people want nothing to do with you for the longest time, then change their tune when the need something.
Life is short.

So this means living as fruitfully as we can, while we are alive.

As life is short, any relationship which is hurtful should be examined. Yes, any, no matter with whom it is with. Has your sibling always been hurtful, or non-respecting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships