Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM

85 posts, read 178,087 times

Advertisements

What kind of question is that. Of course I care about what people think; that is why I drive the car I do (luxury car) and when I DO leave the house I am fashionable, am always made up, always wearing heels. etc. Why else would I do all that? Because I want people to think I look good. TO ME, what others think matters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me get this straight. You care about what everyone else thinks of you, but never leave your place. I'm a loner as well, (although happily married) and I don't go out much either. Doesn't bother me at all what anyone else thinks. I don't bother with most people and don't hurt anyone. I don't spend much on clothes and I drive a 2000 model year car. I could honestly care less what ANYONE else thinks of what I wear, how I look, or what I drive. It would take a platoon of psychiatrists to figure you out, Jackie. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 04:48 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,958,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhilsPhan View Post
What kind of question is that. Of course I care about what people think; that is why I drive the car I do (luxury car) and when I DO leave the house I am fashionable, am always made up, always wearing heels. etc. Why else would I do all that? Because I want people to think I look good. TO ME, what others think matters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me get this straight. You care about what everyone else thinks of you, but never leave your place. I'm a loner as well, (although happily married) and I don't go out much either. Doesn't bother me at all what anyone else thinks. I don't bother with most people and don't hurt anyone. I don't spend much on clothes and I drive a 2000 model year car. I could honestly care less what ANYONE else thinks of what I wear, how I look, or what I drive. It would take a platoon of psychiatrists to figure you out, Jackie. LOL

It just means that I care about image and how I look. I find it interesting to know what people to think about me.

I don't leave the house because I have no friends. No one asks me to go anywhere. So where am I supposed to go?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I haven't read most of the responses but I am rather puzzled why, if you don't care to even converse casually with people, you'd dwell on wondering what they think of you? It seems to me that if you're anti-social you wouldn't care.

Hahahaha, I'm NOT anti-social and I don't care what my neighbors think of me!

Others' opinions ONLY matter if you care to be in relationship with them. They shouldn't matter in the slightest if you don't.
Because I have always cared about what others think about me. I just find it very interesting and fascinating to know what people think about me. I don't know why but I just do. For example, I am very flattered when people think I'm attractive. I guess maybe I am not TRULY TRULY anti-social in the clinical sense. I am just always home because I don't really have friends. Does that make sense.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:58 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
It just means that I care about image and how I look. I find it interesting to know what people to think about me.

I don't leave the house because I have no friends. No one asks me to go anywhere. So where am I supposed to go?
so make friends.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
so make friends.
It's not in my nature to make friends. It's hard for me to talk to people I don't know. I don't care to make friends right now. I've never had any throughout my life really. That's not what this topic is about. I just wanted to know what you guys think that my neighbors might think of me. Yes, it's probably very self-indulgent but that's not a terrible crime is it?

Also, I don't care to make friends. The only reason why I even MENTIONED that I don't have friends is because someone wondered why I care about what others think but don't leave the house. They were trying to tell me that "others opinions don't matter". Perhaps it doesn't matter to THEM. I, on the other hand DO care about what strangers think about me. I am very image obsessed and into image etc even though I'm not super sociable. That is the only reason why I even mentioned that I don't have friends; and also because some people said they thought I might be involved in illegal activity since I don't leave the house. I stated that I do not have friends in order to let them know that I am NOT engaged in anything illegal; I am just not a social butterfly. I mentioned that I don't have friends in order to illustrate a point and to explain WHY I don't leave the house.

That doesn't mean I WANT to make friends. So there is no need for you to suggest that I MAKE friends. I never said I wanted any. I was only explaining WHY I don't leave the house. I hope you understand.

Last edited by jackie100; 03-28-2010 at 06:59 PM..

Old 03-28-2010, 08:05 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
I have always been a solitary type of person so I enjoy being a alone a lot. I rent an apartment and I hardly EVER have guests over because I don't have a lot of friends/acquaintances. I'm also always home on the weekends etc.

Do you think my neighbors are too pre-occupied with their own lives to even care or notice that I don't have anyone come over and that I'm home on NYE by myself? Or do you think they notice and think to themselves "Wow, that woman has no life! I know she is home alone on NYE! She never goes anywhere on the weekends, where are her friends?"

I think they should be happy that I'm a loner and don't throw loud parties and have guests over late night. They should be lucky that I'm as quiet as a mouse.

What do you think?
Old post, didn't read the thread. But I can tell you the answer most likely is, your neighbors don't care about you and they don't think about you ever. They aren't happy you are a loner, they aren't unhappy either, they simply don't care. They don't feel lucky that you are quietly - your silence merely pushes even farther out of their minds.

I'm a bit of a loner myself, and loners have a habit of becoming very self-absorbed. You wondering about whether the neighbors are wondering about you is just another manifestation of your self-absorption. I remind myself constantly that nobody cares about this sort of thing. And truth is, they really don't.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Old post, didn't read the thread. But I can tell you the answer most likely is, your neighbors don't care about you and they don't think about you ever. They aren't happy you are a loner, they aren't unhappy either, they simply don't care. They don't feel lucky that you are quietly - your silence merely pushes even farther out of their minds.

I'm a bit of a loner myself, and loners have a habit of becoming very self-absorbed. You wondering about whether the neighbors are wondering about you is just another manifestation of your self-absorption. I remind myself constantly that nobody cares about this sort of thing. And truth is, they really don't.
I'm sure they care because I am quite attractive. If it's an average person or old man no one would care but I stand out more because I'm attractive, fashionable and I look young. No one would EVER know by looking at me that I stay home. I look like a party girl. I have that physical image.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
It's not in my nature to make friends. It's hard for me to talk to people I don't know. I don't care to make friends right now. I've never had any throughout my life really. That's not what this topic is about. I just wanted to know what you guys think that my neighbors might think of me. Yes, it's probably very self-indulgent but that's not a terrible crime is it?

Also, I don't care to make friends. The only reason why I even MENTIONED that I don't have friends is because someone wondered why I care about what others think but don't leave the house. They were trying to tell me that "others opinions don't matter". Perhaps it doesn't matter to THEM. I, on the other hand DO care about what strangers think about me. I am very image obsessed and into image etc even though I'm not super sociable. That is the only reason why I even mentioned that I don't have friends; and also because some people said they thought I might be involved in illegal activity since I don't leave the house. I stated that I do not have friends in order to let them know that I am NOT engaged in anything illegal; I am just not a social butterfly. I mentioned that I don't have friends in order to illustrate a point and to explain WHY I don't leave the house.

That doesn't mean I WANT to make friends. So there is no need for you to suggest that I MAKE friends. I never said I wanted any. I was only explaining WHY I don't leave the house. I hope you understand.
Yep. You are very self-absorbed. This thread is kinda like watching you masturbate in public, hiding in plain sight.

All these things about you that you are going on and on about? Nobody cares.

You are being very argumentative with samston in order to focus on yourself yet again... but samston honestly doesn't care about you.

Nobody does. If you get into a long term relationship some day, that person might care. Kids, yes they'd care. Your mom, if she's alive, she probably cares.

You neighbors? co workers? Fellow internet forum people? People you pass in your day to day life?

They don't give an F--- about you and they never will, no matter how much you beg and scream "look at me!!!"

Welcome to adulthood.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I'm sure they care because I am quite attractive. If it's an average person or old man no one would care but I stand out more because I'm attractive, fashionable and I look young. No one would EVER know by looking at me that I stay home. I look like a party girl. I have that physical image.
Sorry but, I really don't care what you look like.

Nobody does.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
You neighbors? co workers? Fellow internet forum people? People you pass in your day to day life?

They don't give an F--- about you and they never will, no matter how much you beg and scream "look at me!!!"

Welcome to adulthood.
Then how come some other guy a few pages ago said he WOULD notice if he had a neighbor that was all alone. He said he would wonder if they were doing anything illegal. (Umm, no not doing anything illegal. Sorry but not everyone is a social butterfly. Is that a crime). He also said he notices that his neighbor's tv is on even though her car is gone. So apparently some people DO notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships