Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:00 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Financially, yes, it's a windfall - usually for those who get in first.

If you're a business aficionado, I'm sure you do research into company histories. Have you done it with this company?

On the practical side, have you spoken to the, what - 99.5%? - that end up with nothing but disillusionment in this biz? Have you priced out the products in comparison to your local stores? How about quality?

Why did they feel the need to start playing with the company name? Why did they have (still have?) so many lawsuits against them?

How many distributors are there? How many Diamonds? Do the math.
You know what the difference is between those companies where only the first ones to get in make the money and the ones where EVERYONE can make money no matter where they are? PRODUCT.

If a product is great and people are buying it and getting good results with it, the marketer will make money no matter what. Even if the company is 10 years old. And you know what? Feel good about it too. When someone comes to me and says: J, you products make me feel healthier, my weight is down, my face cleared up, my energy level is high...That makes me feel good. I made money AND I helped someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
That's a pretty good concept they have there. I'm talking about Amway in particular and I got involved because my school bud coerced me into getting an IBO and I'm a protein shake geek and I use the site for personal purposes.

Now I have a loose mouth and somehow slipped it out when I was out with my boss and it was an unfortunate co-incidence that she's big in the business. Naturally she is into it coz she wants to make extra money like everyone else and she makes good money. All of a sudden we're all partners. But I'm just a lazy slacker

But she drags me to all these meetings. And truth be told, I came across several people, who excel in this kind of work apart from their primary job. I met folks who make at least 90 grand a year apart from their primary job's paycheque and that's freaking impressive.

Personally, I'm slacking off at it coz I have a pretty inflated paycheque myself. Actually, I make a lot more than my boss and her boss. I was this Mr. Wonderful who was brought in from the East Coast for a company wide initiative.

My boss even jokes that even if I'm not being an active partner, I have nothing to lose coz there are tons of chicks I can socialize with. And....... the get-togethers are FULL of women. If I weren't single, I'd be fishing LMAO

Your attitude is perfect, MM. One needs to be independent of employers. I like Amway's idea of "you can be an entrepreneur too". Many people are making it work. After all, it's America. Americans keep buying.

Thanks Antlered... I tried to get into Amway, but just couldn't... Their marketing is great and it's a big company, but I just don't like the products. I can't promote the products if I don't like them, I don't even care how much money I make there.
I was also approached by an opportunity for the new marketing company that Donald Trump had created and knowing Trump, it will probably be successful. I checked out the products - nah, can't do it. Less then mediocre. However, a person who approached me, didn't even care what the products are. He looked at it strictly from a business point of view.

Your example is an example that I can find people to do business, but just because they sign up, doesn't necessarily mean they will start growing it. I can have thousands of people in my downline, but actually only 100 will do anything about it. The key is to find 10 good solid people who are great at this stuff and they will help you grow your business. That's how my friend makes more then me and she is beneath me. She was more successful in finding solid people to put in her downline then me.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:52 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You know what the difference is between those companies where only the first ones to get in make the money and the ones where EVERYONE can make money no matter where they are? PRODUCT.

If a product is great and people are buying it and getting good results with it, the marketer will make money no matter what. Even if the company is 10 years old. And you know what? Feel good about it too. When someone comes to me and says: J, you products make me feel healthier, my weight is down, my face cleared up, my energy level is high...That makes me feel good. I made money AND I helped someone.
Oh, I agree. That's just one more reason I don't like the-company-formerly-known-as-Amway - I thought their products were terrible.

I had a lot of companies contact me when I had my schools, asking me to "distribute" their products. Out of every 75 offers or so I found ONE that I carried and felt good about recommending. So yeah, I understand the personal endorsement end of it.

I'm also highly allergic to pyramid schemes, so that also eliminates a lot of companies from consideration, no matter WHAT their claims are to the contrary.

Last edited by SifuPhil; 03-03-2010 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Spastic finger added extraneous letter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships