U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:34 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,859,296 times

Advertisements

Well this is the story. I had a friend at work that I very much enjoyed although we clearly came from very very different backgrounds she of very little money and and not much family support I felt like she was a hard worker etc. Anyway she was moving to AZ and it seemed like a fairly shaky move since she had zero money to drive from NH to AZ with a friend, a five year old daugher and didn't even seem to have a job prospect She kept talking about how she couldn't wait to get out there and sip on Margaritas and get dogs which last time I checked they had those things in NH, but, anyways those decisons are hers not mine. Well off she went on Wednesday and this morning I get a plea for help how she is broken down and needs money and could she have my cell number She sent this call for help through FB and this is very distressing to me as she claims they are broken down in TX and her father paid for a room for them, but, please don't tell anybody else about her situation. I frequently used to pick her up and take her home from work and took her out for drinks once, but, I didn't see her much on a away from work basis although I would have liked to. It was a problem because she had zero money in fact the one time we did go out for drinks I had to bankroll the entire evening She went out there with another friend and I am wondering if they are just looking for cash or something. Am I being a bad friend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 08:38 PM

11,672 posts, read 13,870,759 times
If you choose to send her money just make sure it's money you can afford to lose.

I wouldn't do it. If it were a best friend that would be different, but otherwise, no.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:40 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
No not at all...she sees a sucker whom will help her. Just give her good advice and let her figure it out on her own. She shouldn't be so stupid with a 5 yr old. Some people shouldn't be parents.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
If you choose to send her money just make sure it's money you can afford to lose.

I wouldn't do it. If it were a best friend that would be different, but otherwise, no.
I'm not sending her money, but, I wondering if I should feel really really bad like I do I'm hoping she will call the Red Cross if she is really in trouble or I hope she is just scamming me rather than needs me....uggg!

Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I'm not sending her money, but, I wondering if I should feel really really bad like I do I'm hoping she will call the Red Cross if she is really in trouble or I hope she is just scamming me rather than needs me....uggg!
Just send her suggestions. Look up some services that she might find helpful and link her. That's about the best you can do.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 PM

23,902 posts, read 31,123,865 times
She's obviously not a very responsible person. I agree with the above...if you give her anything, make sure you can afford to lose it. Otherwise, be honest and tell her you simply don't have the funds.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:47 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,673,685 times
Please help her if you have cash you can get rid of

Old 03-07-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Just send her suggestions. Look up some services that she might find helpful and link her. That's about the best you can do.
That is a great idea. I just looked up the number of El Paso Red Cross and send that message to her. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
That is a great idea. I just looked up the number of El Paso Red Cross and send that message to her. Thanks.
You are welcome!

And don't listen to Antlered. He picks up hitchhikers on the side of the road. Not the most sensible person.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,673,685 times
Quote:
You are welcome!

And don't listen to Antlered. He picks up hitchhikers on the side of the road. Not the most sensible person.

I haven't in the last 2 months or so, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships