U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:28 PM

129 posts, read 337,634 times
I just wanted to tell you my heart goes out to you. I went through something, not quite your situation, but bad enough to where I had to start over and did not have any contact with anyone in my "family". I would suggest though, that you contact someone, anyone with legal expertise to see what your options are.It sounds as if your father is trying to bully you and take advantage of the situation. I understand you wanting and needing to get out of your current town, but please, please don't just give up your home. See what your rights are and maybe put it on the market or even rent it. And as for towns in NC, there are some wonderful towns near Asheville, that could be great for you and your dogs! Good Luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 04:05 PM

8 posts, read 21,920 times
I would love to hear more about your area. I would like to find a house to rent in the 500-650 range. I work in the Grocery Industry so I am certain I could get a job with little problems. I have the experience and great references.

Please feel free to email me anytime.

tarpgal@yahoo.com

Old 07-04-2007, 04:10 PM

Thank you for your support and prayers.

I am reading all of the wonderful messages from everyone and it brings tears to my eyes. It is nice to know that so many people believe in what I have done. No one here knows me but they can tell from my words that I am a good person and have such a huge heart.

I work in the grocery industry and I work full time. I also have a part time job that I just started, doing Care Giver work. It is so rewarding and it is helping me save up to put money towards renting a home.

I am searching in my town as well as others for a house but it is kind of difficult finding something in my budget. I will say that I am willing to work ten jobs to pay the bills if need be. The only concern then is not having time to spend with Dooley and Chewy (the boys).

Old 07-04-2007, 04:16 PM

I have actually contacted an attorney that handles real estate. His first response was to tell my Father to Grow Up!! After that he said that I don't have much choice. He said that if he wants off the title but isn't willing to sign off with me re-financing that he has the option to take it to the commissioner and force the sale of the house. The good thing is that I would get 50% of the sale after legal fee's, and other cost. The bad thing is that it may sell for auction and not much more.

My mortgage balance is 50k and the house is worth 105k. It would be easier if he would just make me an offer. My father isn't seeing things very clearly these days and it breaks my heart. I feel as though he has a choke hold on me and until this house sells I feel like I am suffocating. As painful as it may be I just want to walk away and be free of him more than anything. Once the house sells I can take what is left over and start again. Until then I have to struggle but I will survive and I will come out stronger and better because of it.

Who knows, I may find a better home and be much happier!!! How awesome is that??

Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,530 times
Im thinking of moving from phiilly to NC where is a good place to settle and start a daycare?

Old 03-19-2011, 09:34 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,365,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittytopretty View Post
Im thinking of moving from phiilly to NC where is a good place to settle and start a daycare?

first make sure you meet the NC requirements for daycare, unless it's going to be religious/church based.

There are certain education requirements and credential requirements ofr daycares in NC to include one based out of your home.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:46 PM

16 posts, read 6,968 times
My heart too goes out to you. There's nothing like a significant event that others don't approve of to get a RED letter carved on your head by those that have no clue what's going on.

In my case it was the "only" divorce EVER in our family. Luckily family was okay, but others were just jerks. Funny how quickly I found out who my friends were. In many cases, I just ended life-long relationships. My real friends stuck by me. Sometimes in back to support, sometimes out front to help take bullets.

I had a friend with a somewhat similar past. Last spring her mom stood and watched her brother beat her. When she disowned her mom, it was her fault!

I advised her that an egg donor (sperm donor in your case) does not a parent make. You sound strong and headed in the right direction. Take care on how you proceed. Sometimes we need that clean break. If your lawyer is right, take the clean break. Break the cycle of bad energy that surrounds these people. Maybe some day they'll come around- maybe they won't either way, YOU will be where Kristen needs to be.

Best to you!
LTM

Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 PM

306 posts, read 185,898 times
I think someone revived this thread, changed the channel, then someone else changed the channel back.

That or I have eaten too many microwaved Lean Pockets in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina