Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:59 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,367,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Did you wait on gasoline lines after the arab oil embargo in the 70s?

It is headed this way again summer 08 just you wait.
It will be better on 01/21/2009 though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 02:24 PM

842 posts, read 3,222,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
so we might as well ban recreational boating and jet skis rarely does anyone use it to get to point a to point b but make circles around a lake then back to point a
Again....stuff like that IS wasteful, but it's not IN-YOUR-FACE wasteful. You don't look at a guy on a jet ski and say to yourself "wow...he's wasting alot of gasoline".

Old 06-20-2007, 02:26 PM

709 posts, read 929,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
so we might as well ban recreational boating and jet skis rarely does anyone use it to get to point a to point b but make circles around a lake then back to point a
It might happen when there becomes a shortage of gasoline. Are all of you guys nuts??

We are sitting in Iraq so we can have a suburban sprawl fest. Look I lived in NYC got to darn expensive. The wife grew up down here wanted to go home, so here I am Happy not really.

Scorp 200 Big smiles to you

Now you have some guts to side with the urbywan.

The feds and light rail? BS they are in bed with the motoring public! Light rail would work great down here, Fuquay thru holly springs thru cary out to RTP and the airport!!!Another line running from Fuquay to Holly Springs garner and Raleigh!! another from North Raleigh out to the Airport and RTP and then extend it to Durham and Chapel Hill!!

But Nooooo we spend a bazillion to keep troops in the middle east!

Old 06-20-2007, 02:39 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,668,954 times
Nascar race cars use "race fuel" . Nascar and one of the gas companies have a contract. I think it is a contract of 10 years to supply Nascar. On top of that, Nascar also donates alot of money to charities, never mind it being a big part of NC culture and the revenue it brings in to the state. So really the only beef you have about Nascar is it is using fuel???

Maybe you should start small. Say in your specific area doing lectures on the harm that comes from Nascar, the wasted fuel.... and let us know how that works out for ya......

Old 06-20-2007, 02:47 PM

123 posts, read 484,881 times
"Maybe you should start small. Say in your specific area doing lectures on the harm that comes from Nascar, the wasted fuel.... and let us know how that works out for ya......"

YES do the lectures somewhere other than the Raleigh,Durham,Chapel Hill,Cary online forum! But do them somewhere within walking (or biking) distance of wherever you live so you don't waste any fuel getting there!

Old 06-20-2007, 02:48 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,181,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Nascar race cars use "race fuel" . Nascar and one of the gas companies have a contract. I think it is a contract of 10 years to supply Nascar. On top of that, Nascar also donates alot of money to charities, never mind it being a big part of NC culture and the revenue it brings in to the state. So really the only beef you have about Nascar is it is using fuel???

Maybe you should start small. Say in your specific area doing lectures on the harm that comes from Nascar, the wasted fuel.... and let us know how that works out for ya......

NASCAR "race fuel" would be leaded gasoline....

It isn't some secret government rocket fuel concoction.

Its the same leaded fuel we all "used" to put in our own cars 20 years ago but has since been outlawed due to its toxicity and environnmental impact...

Old 06-20-2007, 02:54 PM

Again if you would read the opening post it was about the utter waste and suburban sprawl that the automobile and the likes of nascar fans that has brought us in the Triangle. A place with NO MASS transportation and a forum where people still cannot understand when they are being lied to by their elected officials. That the feds said no we will not fund a mass transportation system. No the elected policians the like of Elizabeth Dole, Think Blood american red cross when she was running the place and HIV infection, she has no pull to get funding here in Raleigh????

You all down here are being Bushwacked.

Rant over. But lets let this thread continue, It has merit about the sprawl here in the raleigh area.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:03 PM

123 posts, read 484,881 times
Like North Raleigh Guy said earlier, it's hard to take that public transportation issue and "sprawl" issue seriously coming from a poster who chooses to live in Fuquay.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:05 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,668,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
NASCAR "race fuel" would be leaded gasoline....

It isn't some secret government rocket fuel concoction.

Its the same leaded fuel we all "used" to put in our own cars 20 years ago but has since been outlawed due to its toxicity and environnmental impact...
Actually it is Unleaded fuel. And the reason I said "race fuel" is cause they had to make a special mixture for the drivers so they could revamp their cars.

Also, here is a link that will fill ya's in

Getting the lead out - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

and it explains the exploratory stage to a "green car" for nascar.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOltmans View Post
Like North Raleigh Guy said earlier, it's hard to take that public transportation issue and "sprawl" issue seriously coming from a poster who chooses to live in Fuquay.
Well Holt north raleigh is wrong. I can live anyplace again you must have missed the point that I moved down here for the wife. I do not need to commute . I walk to where I am working.

Now you can disagree with me but try to look at the message. Raleigh is nothing more than suburban sprawl, a little Atlanta. I will move back to a city sooner than later but for now most of my work can be done online and thru other media outlets.

You are rationalizing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina