Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:19 PM

709 posts, read 927,963 times

Advertisements

Anyone else move down here and think about the incredible waste of natural resources when it comes to Nascar racing??

I mean we have gasoline up over 3 bucks a gallon and the stuff comes from parts of the world that hates us and we keep happy motoring??

It really makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 PM

578 posts, read 3,073,935 times
Since virtually everything everywhere relies on oil to some degree you can make that same case for, well, everything everywhere.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:27 PM

3,286 posts, read 8,519,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Anyone else move down here and think about the incredible waste of natural resources when it comes to Nascar racing??

I mean we have gasoline up over 3 bucks a gallon and the stuff comes from parts of the world that hates us and we keep happy motoring??

I can see what you're saying, but what about college and pro sports teams that take chartered flights to all the cities they travel to. Should we consider that a big waste too and boycot all their games because of the exhorbidant amount of fuel that these planes use to get the athletes to where they need to go?

BTW-I am not a NASCAR fan

Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 PM

88 posts, read 320,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post

you could also say you posting this thread was a total waste of data storage on a city-data server

Old 06-19-2007, 01:30 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,357,757 times
NASCAR= Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

Old 06-19-2007, 01:31 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,932,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
NASCAR= Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks
Is it wrong of me to giggle at this?

(not a NASCAR fan but I respect others' rights to be a NASCAR fan...just don't date me if you're a NASCAR fan)

Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 PM

709 posts, read 927,963 times
How many want our troops home out of Iraq?If we leave bottom line how is this version of suburbia in Raleigh without mass transportation gonna work with 5 and 6 or 8 dollar a gallon gasoline?

The nascar post shows how utterly out of touch we americans have become.

It is his right to like nascar yadayadayada. It is a waste of gasoline!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:53 PM

5,728 posts, read 17,530,946 times
Blah blah blah. With you it's always "gas is going to be $5 a gallon soon! The sky is falling! Repent sinners!"

C'mon urbywan, don't you realize we want posts about the best restaurants in town

Old 06-19-2007, 02:11 PM

842 posts, read 3,221,401 times
I agree....wasting gas driving in circles is NUTS!!! But we all know the REAL reason why we watch NASCAR anyway...THE CRASHES!!! Oh sure...you can go ahead and replace the stock cars with electric go-carts, but what's going to fuel the flames in those fiery crashes?!? Soybean oil? HA!!!...that stuff is barely combustible!

If you ask me, NASCAR needs to use MORE oil....like for slicking up the track to make things more interesting!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:13 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,130,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Blah blah blah. With you it's always "gas is going to be $5 a gallon soon! The sky is falling! Repent sinners!"

C'mon urbywan, don't you realize we want posts about the best restaurants in town
After having lived here for 30 years, I was happy to learn that Cook Out has the best milkshakes!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina