U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 05:33 AM

7 posts, read 35,225 times

Advertisements

I got a message this morning that I have 2 weeks remaining on my federal extended unemployment benefits, from what I can gather from the website I have to apply for nc stated extended benefits. When should I do this? Now or when I receive my last payment next week. The site is very confusing also when can you share about this. Is it different from federal benefits, are the disqualifiers different? Just worried and cant seem to fine anyone with any answers. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 12:02 PM

1,153 posts, read 2,983,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandykync View Post
I got a message this morning that I have 2 weeks remaining on my federal extended unemployment benefits, from what I can gather from the website I have to apply for nc stated extended benefits. When should I do this? Now or when I receive my last payment next week. The site is very confusing also when can you share about this. Is it different from federal benefits, are the disqualifiers different? Just worried and cant seem to fine anyone with any answers. Thanks!
You can't apply for the EB until what you're currently drawing is exhausted. And whether you will qualify for EB depends on where you're at with your benefits. If you're in your first benefit year and had no prior disqualifications, you should qualify (since you said you were drawing one of the EUC tiers, that tells me you qualified for extensions...EB included). If you're in your 2nd benefit year and received regular UI in your 2nd benefit year also, you would have to qualify for NEW extensions in the 2nd benefit year to be eligible to draw EB, as they cannot transfer the EB from the previous benefit year if you've received regular UI in the 2nd benefit year.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:04 PM

Default Thanks!

thanks for the help that is more help than I have ever gotten from the unemployment office. so I apply online for the EB just like the orginal claim if I am correct.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandykync View Post
thanks for the help that is more help than I have ever gotten from the unemployment office. so I apply online for the EB just like the orginal claim if I am correct.
You can try applying online for the EB, but honestly, it might be better to call or visit your local office and have them do the "B1 NIE" transaction to build the EB. I really don't know what happens to the claims when folks try to do the re-open on their own but I know that it would be a clean transaction if you called or visited a consultant and had them do it. It might be clean doing it online too, but keep in mind that you would be clicking on the same "File a Claim" link to try to build the EB (re-open your claim) as if you were opening a brand new claim. I would suspect the system would be able to differentiate and do the right thing, but I don't know? Since I haven't done it myself, I'm not sure. Maybe someone else that may read this has done it online, intending to build the EB, and it worked?

Old 07-07-2010, 06:17 AM

No will got to unemployment off I think, when my first year ended and I had to refile I did this one week later than I should have, not knowing ofcourse. Well this put my claim year in a different quarter and cause a big difference in the benefits I received, they had to rebuild my claim and I went with out payment for almost 10 weeks. even though I did qualify what ever they had to do had to be done manually. and then when it finally got fixed I only received part of my back pay and I called and called and finnallly found the correct person that fixed it in about 5 minutes. So Next week I will be going to the unemployment office.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:14 AM

Default Update!

Well I got my message yesterday for exhausted benefits, so I went to the section for extended benefits and applied for extended benfits. And this morning I check and I have been approved!! I dont know how long I will receive them but atleast I have a little breathing room for a couple weeks. Just want to share for anyone looking for help.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,757 times
Default This is confusing

I just got the message my first 26 weeks of benefits were exhausted and it says to call a phone number, but all the numbers never answer. Can I file online for extended benefits? Do I just file like I am starting unemployment all over again? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is very confusing.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball4ever View Post
I just got the message my first 26 weeks of benefits were exhausted and it says to call a phone number, but all the numbers never answer. Can I file online for extended benefits? Do I just file like I am starting unemployment all over again? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is very confusing.
I've never done it, but apparently you can go to the Extended Benefits section of the NCESC website and file there for Extended Benefits.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 5,731 times
Default Unemployment Benefits

I just had the same problem-system stated my benefits were about to expire & of course trying to reach someone @ local office is lol. When it says you have 2-weeks it isn't counting the current week. I got a big surprise when I didn't get a full deposit amount in my checking acct this morning. I am going to the office tomorrow morning @ 7 & wait so I can be 1st in line-I have 8 weeks left in school, 2 teenage children I am trying to feed/shelter. I am seriously panicked. I haven't even received benefits for a year? A friend of mine received them for a 1 1/2 yr, another she is on year 2? So how do I get cut off? Not sure how the legislation extension will help either-just want an answer. When I find out tomorrow I will post it on the web-site for you to see. Their web-site is very confusing. Wish I could help more-

Old 07-20-2010, 03:51 PM

Yes I applied for the extended benefits just like I orginally filed first for benefits. just go to apply for benefits good luck, btw. I got my first first and did have a week waiting periodl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina