Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 4,416 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone:

This question is specific to web/graphic design/communications majors attending or that have attended schools in nc

I am a 30somthing ex new yorker who has spent the last 7 years in orlando...Am looking to attend school in nc. Open to charlotte or rdu area.I know they are separate..

.job market sucks and I am just looking for a change after so long...figured the best way to relocate with minimal resources AND further my education

Interested in schools with strong computer technology and video production..as i want to study website design/graphic design along with some video/ film production...

any help in the right direction is appreciated. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 06:14 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
Are you looking four year or two year? Do you already have a degree?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 AM

Hey MrBojangles,

will be attending as an undergrad, transfer student. prefer colleges that have on campus housing/two year. I guess my question is really where are some colleges with a strong liberal arts dept in nc

Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 AM

375 posts, read 1,143,529 times
UNC-CH is known as a strong liberal arts school - but I don't know how well they do graphic/web design.

NCSU has a graphic concentration within the design school, and is one of the top in NC for computer technology.

You can also check out UNC-C, but I don't know how they stack up in those areas specifically against NCSU.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:12 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,267 times
If you are open to both Carolinas, I can tell you that Clemson (not too far from Greenville, SC or Asheville) has a really strong Graphic Communications program. Also, the University of South Carolina has a strong Journalism department (they house the Visual Communications program). Columbia is about an hour and a half from Charlotte. These are both 4-year schools. Sorry they're not in NC, but those SC locations are not very far away.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:28 PM

Thanks alot for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina