Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 11:25 PM

5 posts, read 9,250 times

Advertisements

Hello Internet I want to ask you a few questions and I'm hoping one of you interwebbers can help me out...OK!!!!

QUESTION NUMBER 1-which city is better to live in within North Carolina...Charlotte, or Raleigh?(For a Out of college grad?)

QUESTION NUMBER 2-What Are Charlottes highest paying Blue collar Jobs? (like top five you can give me more if you want)

QUESTION NUMBER 3-What are Raliegh's Highest paying Blue collar Jobs?(same with the top one)

QUESTION NUMBER 4-Which City is better with White Collar jobs??

QUESTION NUMBER 5-Which City is more Apartment friendly(By that I mean which has more apartments...Not town houses but like Apartment buildings because I really want an apartment!!!)

QUESTION NUMBER 6- Which City is Cheaper in living Expences??

QUESTION NUMBER 7-Which City is more beautiful when it snows there (IF IT SNOWS THERE)

NOW REMEMBER THIS YOU DON'T HAVE TO AWNSER EVERY QUESTION JUST THE QUESTIONS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE AWNSERING THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Since thread is pertains to both forums
thread is moved to the state forum.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Why have you limited it to Charlotte and Raleigh, since you don't seem to know much about the two cities? Maybe the "best place" for you will be somewhere else altogether? In other words, what has put these places on your radar?

Old 08-27-2010, 04:01 PM

5 posts, read 9,250 times
Because both cities are both good big cities and I'd perfer living in a big city but not be too far from Nature, cause I really enjoy nature especially during winter...I have thought also of Asheville but, Asheville isnt a too huge city and I'd perfer an apartment (and when I say apartment I don't mean a building thats only got 5 apartments in it) so yeah yes I've done some reasearch and no I am no genius on North Carolina thats why I ask you people I want you to help me.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:07 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
Don't count on there being snow here. It happens, but it's rare. Asheville, though, has lots of snow.

Unemployment here is still a problem for many people -- even people who are intelligent, educated, and experienced.

In the past, teachers and medical people did okay. That has changed for teachers and may be changing as far as some segments of the medical field.

For a while, people were saying, "At least there are retail jobs."

An article in this this weekend's News & Observer newspaper explained how some companies seeking to fill retail jobs are handling interviews. To get holiday sales work, get ready to sell yourself - Economy - NewsObserver.com Read the whole article carefully. You'll see how it's tougher than ever to find a retail job.

For cost-of-living information, there are online cost-of-living calculators. Compare the two cities and compare them to where you're living now as well.

Your best bet is to search for the best job you can in either of those two cities and be grateful if you can find a job. For hourly jobs, try: SnagAJob.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina