U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-18-2010, 01:17 PM

10 posts, read 19,038 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am researching several states right now to try to find a good place to relocate as a teacher. My husband and I both teach in Colorado and the outlook for teaching is not good. So, we are investigating other options.

Does anybody know:

- if any cities, districts, etc. anticipate hiring teachers in 2011-12?
- what the relationship is between average salary and cost of living?
- if districts will accept previous experience years toward pay scale?
- if there are any outstanding districts that I should focus on looking at?
- when the typical hiring season begins?

or any other information you feel would help me with my search. I have never been to NC so I am flying blind. I will probably visit whichever state seems most promising in my research but can't afford to visit all the states I am looking into, so any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 05:44 PM

7,716 posts, read 10,548,936 times
Pretty sure Durhan and Guliford County are hiring, depending on your certs...

Start here

Work 4 NC Schools

Salary is low and benefits paid for employee ONLY, family coverage is paid by teacher.

With a signed form, DPI will accept previous experience (the more the better!) I brought almost 9 years and still below $40K...salary is dictated by the STATE and the same everywhere. Teachers are state employees..

Plus side is COL is generally lower.

Districts closer to major cities are more desireable and hiring season starts July through August for most districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina