U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 PM

983 posts, read 3,512,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
WOW so much drama.
Faabala, how much of what the previous poster posted have you actually seen?? I've been here all of my life and have seen VERY little of what was mentioned...and A LOT of that went the way of the demolition of Hay Street!

Oh....BTW downwardly_mobile, I've lived here my ENTIRE life AND I'm college educated. And, I'm NOT married to a GI! Never even dated one, not one, never. Never got a tattoo--and they are NOT opening new parlors weekly. And in case you've not been to Fayetteville recently (which your post leaves me to believe that's the case), those "Asian parlors" no longer exist. And yes, while there is prostitution (what city DOESN'T have it), it's not as prevalent as you would have one believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 05:42 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,216,405 times
I will say this... With 50,000 soldiers on Fort Bragg we do have many tattoo parlors. Tattoo are very popular with the public nowadays. I don't have any nor do I want any. I can assure you that churches outnumber tattoo parlors and brothels by a large margin.

I don't patronize bars, nighclubs, or solicit prostitutes (mostly on craiglist in this day and age it seems).

If one chooses to interact with the dregs of society then it would not be hard to find such places in Fayetteville.

In my daily life It does not effect me or my family. We have rich vibrant social life, we have a large circle of friends (we had a 100 people to our house for a pig roast and PPV Manny Pacquiao v Mosley fight) We belong to club and civic organizations. I volunteer at local museums.

Fayetteville is what you make it.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 15,320 times
fayetteville is an good place to stay so **** all people who says it bad i got somtin **** you and yo Mommas thanks to all the people who adore fayetteville much love for yall and hehah **** u

Old 09-22-2011, 04:44 PM

610 posts, read 2,749,682 times
Fayetteville boy:

You can't even write a coherent sentence. You must be a product of the Cumberland County School System...haha

Old 09-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Status: "Charlotte Checkers Calder Cup Champions!" (set 9 days ago)

7,198 posts, read 8,210,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayetteville boy View Post
fayetteville is an good place to stay so **** all people who says it bad i got somtin **** you and yo Mommas thanks to all the people who adore fayetteville much love for yall and hehah **** u
oooh watch out everyone, we got an internet tough guy here

Old 09-25-2011, 12:24 PM

7,105 posts, read 5,376,934 times
I lived in Fayetteville for 7 years. I was miserable being there. There is very little to do. I had to take my family to Raleigh, Myrtle beach and Charlotte for a little bit of excitement. Later, I moved to the Carolina Lakes area just outside of Spring Lake which was a great area and lived there for 5 years but still had to go to the next bigger city which was Fayetteville or Sanford for the malls, most shopping and restaurants etc. I really like Fort Bragg. I was active duty and later went to college there since I was married to another active duty. I finally move to the Raleigh/ Durham area and couldn't be happier.

I still go to Fayetteville from time to time but I think the cities outside Ft Stewart, Fort Benning, Ft Hood, Ft Eustis, Fort Drum(beside the cold), and Ft Stewart are much better than Fayetteville. Crime has gotten worse since I first came there in 1999. They are bulit up the place and it is more crowded than ever. I rented my brand new house out and moved away because I was not happy there. But everyone is different. If you know someone down there, try staying for 2 weeks. My family came down from Ann Arbor and Detroit Michigan and were surprised I stayed so long after leaving the Army. My husbands family would visit from Virgina beach and Philly and were ready go but stay to visit because of family. I don't think it is a city I would choose to live in at all considering the other great cities in North Carolina but I do know a lot of vets that decide to stay there but most stay because of contract jobs through Ft Bragg.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,216,405 times
Very little to do???? Let's see........
this weekend I took my daughter to the National Hunting and Fishing day event at the John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center.
http://www.ncwildlife.org/NHFD/docum..._Pechmann_.pdf
She got to learn about all the state animals, learn about beekeeping, reptiles, raptors. She got to try fly fishing, a casting contest, kayaking, lure making, shoot a bb gun and bow/arrows and catch some nice big catfish in the ponds there.

Then we went to the International Folk Festival downtown a festival park to enjoy the great ethnic foods from dozens of counties and see the vendor and activity booths all set up by the Fayetteville Arts council. My daughter got to make Javanese shadow puppets, a Native American unity bracelet, see a great presentation on Indian Culture and see many very good dance groups on the big stage. We also helped work in Mom's Filipino club's food booth.
International Folk Festival | Fayetteville | North Carolina | Festivals NC

On Sunday my Archery Club had it's month 3-D shoot ( I run registration and scoring) so I attended that while that rest of the family was at the International folk festival for the last day.
Home (http://rockfisharcheryclub.com/default.aspx - broken link)

It was also the last weekend of the Cumberland County Fair but with we were so busy with other activities we did not get the chance to go.
Cumberland County Fair

Fayetteville is only boring if you don't get out and get involved.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 AM

2 posts, read 30,471 times
IF you have daughters and you want them pregnat by Joes by the age of 15, then, move to fayetteville. If you want drugged out kids, because there is nothing recreational for them to do, move to fayetteville. Everytime I visit fayetteville I can always expect three things, 1. nothing to change except more resturants, 2. nothing to change except more joes humping our young daughters, and 3. nothing to ever change.... I grew up there, from grade school to highschool, what a crap hole, 3 days after I graduated highschool I moved away... far far far far away, till I hit ocean on the west side! when i hear of fayettehell, fayettenam, the ville, da ville, anyplace with ville is country trash.... i just want to puke.. and yes, all of my friends that stayed there are still doing the same **** from highschool... which was 10 years ago!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:34 AM

2 posts, read 30,471 times
I am glad you taught your daughter to shoot a bb gun and bow and arrow, atleast now she will be able to defend herself from the crime in that low life place and not to mention all the joes that will try to take advantage of her when she is 14, with her friends at cross creek mall... too many storys of joes taken advantage of young girls from the mall... in my junior high(yes, jr. high, before middle school was there) we had 4 girls pregnate from joe and they didnt know where the dad was because he change duty stations... yep, fayettehell is a great place to live with lots to do! ya for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
Very little to do???? Let's see........
this weekend I took my daughter to the National Hunting and Fishing day event at the John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center.
http://www.ncwildlife.org/NHFD/docum..._Pechmann_.pdf
She got to learn about all the state animals, learn about beekeeping, reptiles, raptors. She got to try fly fishing, a casting contest, kayaking, lure making, shoot a bb gun and bow/arrows and catch some nice big catfish in the ponds there.

Then we went to the International Folk Festival downtown a festival park to enjoy the great ethnic foods from dozens of counties and see the vendor and activity booths all set up by the Fayetteville Arts council. My daughter got to make Javanese shadow puppets, a Native American unity bracelet, see a great presentation on Indian Culture and see many very good dance groups on the big stage. We also helped work in Mom's Filipino club's food booth.
International Folk Festival | Fayetteville | North Carolina | Festivals NC

On Sunday my Archery Club had it's month 3-D shoot ( I run registration and scoring) so I attended that while that rest of the family was at the International folk festival for the last day.
Home (http://rockfisharcheryclub.com/default.aspx - broken link)

It was also the last weekend of the Cumberland County Fair but with we were so busy with other activities we did not get the chance to go.
Cumberland County Fair

Fayetteville is only boring if you don't get out and get involved.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,627,054 times
Man that Joe fella sounds like a rough customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina