U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 03:05 PM

15 posts, read 86,812 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where you can obtain a forklift certication at? ive looked at the local community college's website and dont see any info about it. Looking for somewhere around the Rocky Mount, Tarboro, Greenville area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 PM

21,094 posts, read 23,815,172 times
I has always gotten it from an employer--on the job...

Search engines have info as well...

OSHA Compliant Forklift Training & Certification

Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 AM

197 posts, read 426,233 times
Got mine at Wal-mart years ago. Was good for 5 years.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,431 times
Default Applying for forklift license

I assume you are an individual who are not presently employed as forklift operator. If so, you need to go to a forklift training school, enroll for a course and complete the training program. It only take 2 days to get forklift certified. You will need to undergo classroom training, take the written test after it. On the second day, you need to perform actual or practical operation of the forklift, you instructor will give set of instruction you need to accomplish. If you got everything right, the instructor will issue certification and small license card. These are proof that you've gone through such training in order for you to get accepted for a job. Good luck!

I found this website you can follow their step by step instruction to apply for forklift license: [url=http://forkliftlicenseguide.com]Click this website[/url]
Just click your state or territory, they even provided list of schools where to take forklift training near you.

Last edited by mikepattenson; 01-13-2016 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: to add more info

Old 01-13-2016, 07:57 PM

3,856 posts, read 6,625,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepattenson View Post
I assume you are an individual who are not presently employed as forklift operator. If so, you need to go to a forklift training school, enroll for a course and complete the training program....
It's commendable that you want to be helpful, but you are responding to a post from more than 5 years ago. The person asking the question doesn't appear to have been on the forum since 2013.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:14 PM

7,181 posts, read 11,196,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
It's commendable that you want to be helpful, but you are responding to a post from more than 5 years ago. The person asking the question doesn't appear to have been on the forum since 2013.
It's all good though! I read the reply intently as I always wondered what certification entailed.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:25 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,579,961 times
Just do it online, many places to choose from. Unfortuantely, you don't need to actually DRIVE to get certified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina