Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 2,982 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for a couple to move to in their mid 20's with a son that's 5. Don't want to live in the middle of a big city, but not far from the city life, I would like to keep within an hour from a major city.
Looking to move within 2-3 years and would like to be within a half an hour from the coast, would look into places further away from the coast if it's worth it.
Looking for good schooling, family friendly, and with access to major highways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 PM

72 posts, read 158,353 times
Wilmington, NC is nice.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:50 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmjbm View Post
Any suggestions for a couple to move to in their mid 20's with a son that's 5. Don't want to live in the middle of a big city, but not far from the city life, I would like to keep within an hour from a major city.
Looking to move within 2-3 years and would like to be within a half an hour from the coast, would look into places further away from the coast if it's worth it.
Looking for good schooling, family friendly, and with access to major highways.
You're going to need to narrow it down a bit more than that! Where do you expect to be working, or in what industry? Are you dead-set on NC (if so, what made you choose here?) or just putting out feelers? Any family here that's affecting your radius of where to live, etc?

The job part is probably the most important.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:11 PM

I'm not dead set on NC, just wanna be on the east coast and where the warm season sticks around longer than it does here in NH. Florida is too far south so I was thinking around midway, plus I hear the Carolinas are really nice so I thought I'd look into it.
As far as work, we both don't have any set career paths as of yet. I've been working at my job doing inside sales at Harvey building products for the past 6 years and my girlfriend works at a bank.
Really all I'm doing right now is scouting out towns/cities and seeing what's there, plus have to keep in mind it needs to be a good area for our child and have good schools.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:17 AM

Also I'm a little nervous about big hurricanes and flooding, so keep that in mind. I know I would like to be within a 1/2 hour from the coast but thinking I might run into a lot of flooding and hurricanes a lot more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina