U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What North Carolina Mall is your favorite
Randolph Malll in Asheboro, NC 0 0%
Asheville Mall in Asheville, NC 0 0%
Colonial Mall in Burlington, NC 0 0%
Cary Towne Center in Cary, NC 0 0%
North Lake Mall in Charlotte, NC 3 15.00%
Southpark Mall in Charlotte, NC 5 25.00%
Carolina Place Mall in Charlotte, NC 2 10.00%
Concord Mills Mall in Concord, NC 6 30.00%
The Streets At Southpoint Mall in Durham, NC 3 15.00%
Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, NC 0 0%
Franklin Square Mall in Gastonia, NC 0 0%
Eastridge Mall in Gastonia, NC 0 0%
Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro, NC 0 0%
Friendly Town Center in Greensboro, NC 1 5.00%
Cross Creek in Fayetteville, NC 0 0%
Blue Ridge Mall in Hendersonville, NC 0 0%
Valley Hills Mall in Hickory, NC 1 5.00%
Oak Hollow Mall in High Point, NC 0 0%
Jacksonville Mall in Jacksonville, NC 0 0%
Monroe Mall in Monroe, NC 0 0%
Mayberry Mall in Mount Airy, NC 0 0%
Twin Rivers Mall in New Bern, NC 0 0%
Carolina Place Mall in Pineville, NC 1 5.00%
Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC 1 5.00%
Salisbury Mall in Salisbury, NC 0 0%
Independence Mall in Wilmington, NC 0 0%
Hanes Mall in Winston Salem, NC 2 10.00%
Marketplace Mall in Winston Salem, NC 0 0%
other (please specify) 2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 56,022,070 times

Advertisements

There is quite a bit of malls in North Carolina for those looking for shopping, entertainment, place to hang out eat or kill some time. Which ones are your favorite? and love you to share why enjoy that mall.

I know some are smaller than others but if you like the small ones for a certain characteristic please share what that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 11:53 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,268,521 times
If I had to pick a favorite, it would be SouthPark. As a general rule I stay away from them if possible because they are too noisy and crowded for me (I am such a delicate little flower, aren't I?)

So I stick with Birkdale if at all possible....

Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,220,572 times
I don't like malls either. South Park is too "I'm better than ecveryone with my botox and Lexus my ex-husband paid for" for me. Concord Mills doesn't offer anything special and it is tooooo crowded even during non-race time. Carolina Place is ok because it seems to be just an average mall and isn't always too busy, plus it's close to my house. My gf currently works at Northlake and they are only doing 25% of sales per square feet than what was projected (for the entire mall). So it is usually nice and quiet there.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 56,022,070 times
When I was looking up the various malls one that came to my mind was one that use to be in Greensboro but I couldnt find anything on internet about it.

I thought it was called the Cotton Gin but I guess im wrong since I could not find any information. It was a antique style design where you could get fresh peanuts and popcorn and explore the shops in what use to be a cotton gin or manufacturer. I hope the building is still around if the mall isnt because of the historical nature of it. The next time I am in that area I got to go see if it is still there. My mom use to take us there to go get some Members Only Jackets so we would fit in lol.

If anyone know the details of it or history please share.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 PM

348 posts, read 1,209,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
South Park is too "I'm better than ecveryone with my botox and Lexus my ex-husband paid for" for me.
OMG I could not agree more!!! You can actually get looked at funny for not wearing desinger clothes.

I love Concord Mills. Also Carolina Place-I just finished working a p/t job there (Easy Spirit store that closed) and found it a nice mix of EVERY kind of people, young, old, rich, poor you name it!!

The Outlets in Gaffney (SC) are good too!

Last edited by NewToYorkSC; 07-09-2007 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: because I CANNOT spell sometimes!

Old 07-09-2007, 01:33 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,268,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I don't like malls either. South Park is too "I'm better than ecveryone with my botox and Lexus my ex-husband paid for" for me.
True, not a place to wear shorts and a t-shirt. I guess that's why I like it in some ways since the sloppy crowd (City-Data shoppers excluded ) at Concord Mills makes me uncomfortable. Carolina Place or Northlake is a better happy medium I suppose. And I agree, I like Gaffney shops, plus you get to see that big Peach watertower that looks like a butt.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-09-2007 at 10:02 PM..

Old 07-09-2007, 11:28 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,745,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
When I was looking up the various malls one that came to my mind was one that use to be in Greensboro but I couldnt find anything on internet about it.

I thought it was called the Cotton Gin but I guess im wrong since I could not find any information. It was a antique style design where you could get fresh peanuts and popcorn and explore the shops in what use to be a cotton gin or manufacturer. I hope the building is still around if the mall isnt because of the historical nature of it. The next time I am in that area I got to go see if it is still there. My mom use to take us there to go get some Members Only Jackets so we would fit in lol.

If anyone know the details of it or history please share.
I think it was called Cotton Square or something. I can't really remember. It closed down years ago. The building is still there though.

I voted for Friendly Center and "Other". The "other" is Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro.

I've been to a few others (Concord Mills in Concord, Crabtree Valley in Raleigh - too crowded; it's hard to get a good parking space there, Cross Creek in Fayetteville, perhaps a few others) and they're okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or