U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,228,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozeberrypillboy View Post
I have read the other threads/posts pertaining to this topic but none of them helped me find out how much longer I will recieve benefits.

My story.....

I worked at the same job for over three years ( May 2006 till Nov 2009 )

I was laid off on Nov 13th 2009 and filed for for was approved for regular UI at the end of Nov 2009.

My benefit year just expired so I called the ESC and was told that because I did not qualify for another claim (second year) that I could go on and collect the remaining money from my pervious claim.

I was told that I have 8 weeks left of tier 2.

I am trying to find out what happens after tier 2 ends and if there is a tier 3, tier 4 and EB after that.

I have lots of different stuff from lots of different places but I can not get a straight definitive answer as to how much longer I will be able to collect benefits.

According to my calculations ( from what I have read and been told )
I should have 8 weeks left of tier 2 then go into tier 3 which has 13 weeks and then tier 4 which has 6 weeks and the EB which has 20 weeks

so I should expect 47 more weeks of benefits ?

Please someone tell me if I am right or wrong or what.

thank you for any info
The question is if Congress will pass funding the extensions again or not. If not then you finish whatever tier you were in now and then you will begin EB if qualified.

As it stands right now, no extended federal tiers have additional funding and that's what is leading a lot of the news stories right now. Though some reports seem to be talking about the 99ers and extending for them but I think they are confused.

If the Dems give in to tax breaks without having this as part of the package then there's no hope for compromise.

As far as your math goes, if Congress does not fund the extensions again then I'd go with 8 weeks of what you estimate on Tier 2 + 20 weeks EB for a total of 28 weeks.

Last edited by GCharlotte; 12-03-2010 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Added math.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 AM

30 posts, read 34,798 times
Thank you GCharlotte,

I was not sure about my tier 3 and tier 4 relying on congress passing the extensions or not.

28 weeks is 7 months so I feel a lot better just knowing that.

47 weeks would be sweet but I will take what I can get and be thankful for it

Old 12-04-2010, 10:08 AM

656 posts, read 709,843 times
Quote:
Thank you GCharlotte,

I was not sure about my tier 3 and tier 4 relying on congress passing the extensions or not.

28 weeks is 7 months so I feel a lot better just knowing that.

47 weeks would be sweet but I will take what I can get and be thankful for it
I agree with GCharlotte!
I was just about ready to post to you at the other thread until I saw you here
You'll be able to finish the tier 2 your in and then go into EB, for 20 weeks.
Now, our state has to be triggered on for EB to collect the full 20 weeks. What this means in a (nutshell) is that our unemployment percentage state wide has to be over 8.6 %
(anyone correct me if my perct's are wrong)
Many states aren't triggered onto the EB program (state funded money)

NC still is, so it looks like your okay for 7 months.
Keep your worksearch records updated on the forms they provide at the esc site, you can upload them and print them out.
They'll call you into yor local office for reviews every 4 weeks, you'll get a letter by mail once you roll into EB .
I've been going through this for awhile now.

If Congress does pull off a vote and an extension passes for the euco8 extension program, you'll have longer to collect with the additional tiers you'll recieve.
For now 7 months is safe bet to count on> Goodluck!
(KC)

Old 12-04-2010, 04:10 PM

thank you for posting KC

I feel a lot less stressed then I did

Old 12-04-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
thank you for posting KC

I feel a lot less stressed then I did
Your welcome
Glad your less stressed

Old 12-07-2010, 03:42 PM

I tried to file my claim today (first time since my benefit year ended) and it said that i would not recieve money this week because I have not satisfied the waiting period yet.

This confuses me because it has been 2 weeks since I have recieved a payment.

Someone please put my mind at ease and tell me this is normal for my situation.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I tried to file my claim today (first time since my benefit year ended) and it said that i would not recieve money this week because I have not satisfied the waiting period yet.

This confuses me because it has been 2 weeks since I have recieved a payment.

Someone please put my mind at ease and tell me this is normal for my situation.
Since you just filed for your 2nd year you have a mandatory waiting period of one week.
(Unless you don't qualify for a new year)
In that case, you'll not have to wait a week and they'll pull forward the remainder of whatever tier you were in when your year ended.
If you advance into the next tier will depend entirely on the senate extending the extension program.
I haven't watched the news yet today, but last I heard was that they may vote to extend it 13 more months.

What tier were you in, when your first benefit year ended?

Old 12-07-2010, 03:52 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,330,581 times
One thing the OP has yet to mention is WHAT JOBS ARE THEY SEEKING AND APPLYING FOR!!???

Why are we commending someone for seeking to stay affixed to the gubmint teet?

Sounds like the OP has been on unemployment long enough as it is!

Old 12-07-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
One thing the OP has yet to mention is WHAT JOBS ARE THEY SEEKING AND APPLYING FOR!!???

Why are we commending someone for seeking to stay affixed to the gubmint teet?

Sounds like the OP has been on unemployment long enough as it is!
Everyone's situation is different.
IE my neighbor works for the same truckline now for 27 years in Rowan County, he's been laid off 4 times in 2 years, so he's on and off UI and works long, hard Hrs. inbetween.
I know many in my county are in the same boat, so I never judge anyone., just try to help out when I can.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Since you just filed for your 2nd year you have a mandatory waiting period of one week.
(Unless you don't qualify for a new year)
In that case, you'll not have to wait a week and they'll pull forward the remainder of whatever tier you were in when your year ended.
If you advance into the next tier will depend entirely on the senate extending the extension program.
I haven't watched the news yet today, but last I heard was that they may vote to extend it 13 more months.

What tier were you in, when your first benefit year ended?
That is what worries me, my benefit year ended so i called the ESC and spoke to an agent who told me that I did not qualify for a new benefit year but because I was still on tier 2 of my last claim he would pull it forward.

I do not understand why I have to wait 2 weeks to be paid again since he did pull my old claim tier 2 forward or am I missing something ?

I plan on calling the ESC in the morning but I wanted to find out all I could so I could sleep tonight

Last edited by dozeberrypillboy; 12-07-2010 at 04:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina