U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:19 PM

3 posts, read 8,153 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can buy some acreage (maybe agriculturally zoned to save on taxes) to put a new house on where the surrounding area is basically clean and safe, with upper class neighboors? Like what is the best area for the well off? I am not super rich but would like to be as close to that type of area as I can, lol, like most people. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 03:37 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,551,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtThis View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy some acreage (maybe agriculturally zoned to save on taxes) to put a new house on where the surrounding area is basically clean and safe, with upper class neighboors? Like what is the best area for the well off? I am not super rich but would like to be as close to that type of area as I can, lol, like most people. Thanks.
Not in Charlotte. You could try looking in surrounding counties like Lancaster, SC or Lincoln County. Acrage in Charlotte is hard to come by and very expensive when you do.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:42 PM

3 posts, read 8,153 times
Is this section just for Charlotte? Sorry bout that. I am looking for the best, upper class area in North Carolina as a whole. Someplace small , like the Brady Bunch or Mayberry, that is safe, clean, no crime, with some land if that is doable. I have some $$$ saved about 425k and want a few acres and have my dream house built. Thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 05:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,605,991 times
north carolina is still mostly rural pick any county that is not part of the metro area and you will do fine. Also this state is large with various topography I could name over 100 cities right for you but you need to help us decide what you need to be close to. Mountains, Coast, Piedmont, metros? If your looking for mayberry then look at the town it base off of.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,551,127 times
Quote:
Is this section just for Charlotte? Sorry bout that. I am looking for the best, upper class area in North Carolina as a whole. Someplace small , like the Brady Bunch or Mayberry, that is safe, clean, no crime, with some land if that is doable. I have some $$$ saved about 425k and want a few acres and have my dream house built. Thanks
No, you asked your question in the right place I was just listing areas surrounding Charlotte because it is one of a handful of cities in NC that have "upper class" areas. I still encourage you to look at Lincoln county - you could have easy access back down to Charlotte but live a very nice affordable rural life.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,888,823 times
Quote:
Besides land and a dream house, what else would you be looking for? Do you have children? Will you need to be near a good hospital? Are you planning for a barn and horses? What are your hobbies? Do you require a golf course? There are several areas in North Carolina that I can think of until you say you want to be close to that type of area. Acreage usually is not in development type places, because it is difficult to get that much land with everything around being the same way. Four places that come to mind are Weddington (You won't get much acreage there for the amount of money you have saved.), Jefferson Landing in Ashe County (The winters are really cold and good medical may be a distance away.), Pinehurst Area (I saw a horse farm for sale there recently when visiting Raleigh.) The areas west of Asheville and just north of the South Carolina line, such as Cashiers Area are usually considered good. I recently saw an acreage type development in the mountains, but I just cannot remember the name of it. Sorry! That horse farm on Highway 1 seems to have all that you require. Just check the realtors in the towns between Rockingham and Raleigh.

Last edited by Yac; 07-14-2007 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: advertising, link removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or