Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 AM

9 posts, read 24,985 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am being transfered in the next 2 months. We have been living in KY for the last year. We decided to try the small town thing, but it just isn't working for us. We lived in Phx for seven years and I guess we were just spoiled by the modern conveniences. Any way we are probably going to rent for a while so we don't make the same mistake we've made here. We would like to live in one of these communities on a lake that offer a boat slip. We would like to be close to stores, theatres, etc... I would like to get in a new development that offers all of these things. Any ideas of where and what developers to stay away from. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Best cities I can think of that are near everything you mention above are the following Huntersville, Cornelius, Denver NC, troutman, Mooresville these are all Lake Norman cities not large but decent size cities and 30 minutes or less from Charlotte.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:04 AM

8 posts, read 17,151 times
I've been here at Lake Norman a long time - there are some great developments here both old and new. Lake front and lake access communities on the Southeastern end of Lake Norman have all you'll want and then some. It gets more 'country' as you go North and Northwest. The SE sections are very popular area and prices have gone up over that last few years, but nice developments in most price levels. Do you want more specific info than just a recommendation of the SE?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:18 PM

9 posts, read 24,985 times
We are very concerned about the quality of the schools. Do you know anything about the schools? We have a child that is in the gifted and talented program and he tends to get bored if he isn't challenged at school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina