Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 AM

139 posts, read 358,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltblu View Post
I have lived in Phoenix, well... Scottsdale, La Jolla, Colorado Springs and grew up in Hastings, Nebraska. (No, not military, just like to move around.) We moved here 3 years ago and we all really like it. You have 4 real seasons, unlike AZ or CO. Everything is soooooo green in the summer. Mountains, beaches, forests and farms... its all here. Sure, people can sometimes be unaccepting of newcomers, but, that's anywhere you go. You can find good neighborhoods everywhere, it just takes time.
Hi there! What area do you live in? We're looking to make the break from Phoenix, and are starting to compare Raleigh to Charlotte. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2006, 10:43 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,838,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
38% Dixie for me, I'm a yankee. I have some work to do
I got the same result!!!!

Old 08-28-2006, 03:01 PM

463 posts, read 1,648,156 times
Default To Kelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelle View Post
Hi there! What area do you live in? We're looking to make the break from Phoenix, and are starting to compare Raleigh to Charlotte. Thanks for sharing!
Hi Kelle,

I haven't seen Cobaltblu, of whom you're asking the question, post for a while but Kernersville (in the Triad area) is home for Cobaltblu.

If you haven't discovered them yet, the Raleigh metro area has a subforum

http://www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-metro-area/

So does Charlotte. http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/

You'll probably find more help there with your questions and comparisons.

Good luck,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 08-28-2006 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: spaces, spelling

Old 08-28-2006, 03:19 PM

463 posts, read 1,648,156 times
Thumbs up NC Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMom View Post

That ignore option is great, isn't it Cassie?
It's awesome.

Regards,

Cassie

Old 08-28-2006, 09:04 PM

32 posts, read 96,001 times
mm34b thanks for the site with the the test - 38% dixie - I'm a yankee...maybe I should reconsider my move to NC

Old 08-28-2006, 10:46 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,847,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
Well I made the chance and just did it 7 years ago. After 12 years in NC exile, I had to make a break.
Drove my mom back down to Western NC this weekend (McDowell Co). Drove all over Mitchell, Avery, Yancy and Watauga counties. Beautiful scenery.
Flew back into Newark last night. Got off the bus in Times Square and nearly got down and kissed the sidewalk(didn't of course, I love NYC but I am not crazy ).
I grew up in Detroit and did 17 years in the South. It's a nice place to visit.........

PS-For totally positive reviews, see Niki.
What didn't you like?

Old 08-28-2006, 10:52 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,457,852 times
I've never been to Steele Creek, NC before, but I've spent quite a bit of time lately in the south Charlotte area, particularly Pineville.

And I think it's downright misleading to characterize something you see in south Charlotte as 'southern'. In all seriousness, the shopping cart photo you took is probably more indicative of life in NJ/NY than in the south. It doesn't have anything to do with a good or bad area. Even in the worst neighborhood I can think of, people still put their shopping carts up.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Take the test.
http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

My score was 55% Dixie. Not bad, considering I spent 70% of my life in the Northeast.
.........57% Dixie here.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Where is this place that you speak of? This is what a typical parking lot looks like where I live in NC.

I would ask the manager where is the cart-boy

Old 08-29-2006, 09:57 AM

311 posts, read 617,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Take the test.
http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

My score was 55% Dixie. Not bad, considering I spent 70% of my life in the Northeast.
Thanks for the test....I just found out that General Lee was my grandfather! How can this be? I have never heard a shopping cart called a buggy! I guess even THE GENERAL was not all southern!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina