Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 07:15 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by li23 View Post
That was fun... I scored 47% Dixie and I am born and raised on Long Island -- maybe we have more in common with NC than people may think! or maybe the test is inaccurate...
I didn't get all the "You know you are from North Carolina" jokes though...
45% Dixie and lived in So Cal all my life. Well my dad's side is originally from TX, so maybe that helped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2006, 07:17 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
The picture above was the local Wal-Mart earlier this afternoon. Here is the local BI-LO this evening.

That has to be near university?

Old 08-27-2006, 07:29 PM

463 posts, read 1,651,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
45% Dixie and lived in So Cal all my life. Well my dad's side is originally from TX, so maybe that helped.
66 % Dixie here-- just over the Mason- Dixon line according to the test scores. Kinda fun.

Cassie

Old 08-27-2006, 07:31 PM

336 posts, read 513,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
That has to be near university?
No way, Steele Creek area.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
No way, Steele Creek area.

Then your posts belong in the Charlotte forum, not this one. Read the new forum rules about posting in the correct forum/ subforum. They're right at the top of the forum. Can't miss 'em. Two new sentences added to the forum rules reiterate that.

Sayonara!

Cassie

Old 08-27-2006, 07:47 PM

336 posts, read 513,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post

Then your posts belong in the Charlotte forum, not this one. Read the new forum rules about posting in the correct forum/ subforum. They're right at the top of the forum. Can't miss 'em. Two new sentences added to the forum rules reiterate that.

Sayonara!

Cassie
I have read them. This is exactly what is says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator
Be sure not to post your city-specific threads in general state forums if a sub-forum about that city exists.
I made a reply, not a city specific thread. Maybe you need to read them again.

This thread is about the U.S. South in general accoding to the title. That would include the Charlotte area.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I have read them. This is exactly what is says.

I made a reply, not a city specific thread. Maybe you need to read them again.
Oh darn. You missed the part about local matters only ( Steele Creek isn't local to this forum, it's in Charlotte/ Mecklenburg ) and posting in the correct forum sub/ forum which is not this one for Steele Creek. Why am I not surprised?

Using selective reading skills is rarely helpful

Hasta la luego!

Cassie

Old 08-27-2006, 07:55 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,086 times
I think he/she was talking about the thread they replied in. They did not start this thread therefore could not be the one to decide which sub forum it should go in.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:47 AM

954 posts, read 4,377,487 times
Quote:
Not trying to pick a fight or bait anybody, just posting what I see. This is not anywhere that I would call a bad area either.
I think Cassie is a genuinely sweet person. Probably one of two things are going on here. Either she is still in the honeymoon stage with NC, and looking at things with rose colored glasses, or she is living in a very unique area of NC. The bucolic description of where she lives, was not the NC I lived in for 12 years.
A friend of mine had a huge dent put in his car in a Food Lion grocery store parking lot, because someone just left the cart (sorry, buggy ) in the middle of the lot, and it rolled down the hill and smashed into his car.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:37 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,249 times
I have to say, Brooklyn, people put away their carts in my area, also. I'm in Union County, though. When I get into certain areas of Charlotte I see more of a mess. I must say in defense of NJ-no one puts their carts away. It's just common for the stores to have hired help to do that. They are not used to doing it any other way!

That ignore option is great, isn't Cassie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina