Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 PM

3,252 posts, read 9,151,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Our phone bill says 'BellSouth'. All the vans say that too! Maybe it's supposed to change? AT&T is a long distance carrier around here.
BellSouth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In a merger announced on March 5, 2006 and executed on December 29, 2006, AT&T Inc. acquired BellSouth for approximately $86 billion (1.325 shares of AT&T for each share of BellSouth) [1]. The combined company retained the name AT&T. The merger consolidated ownership of Cingular Wireless and YELLOWPAGES.COM, both of which were joint ventures between BellSouth and AT&T.
Probably still working on the paperwork and vans, LOL. But Bellsouth IS AT&T. Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 06:47 PM

179 posts, read 580,378 times
AT&T, was bought by SBC out of Texas. After the takeover, SBC changed their name to AT&T (for global recognition) and has in fact aquired Bell South. They are in the process of rebranding all Bell South buildings, vehicles etc. to AT&T.

Bill

Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 PM

61 posts, read 239,965 times
Verizon local does in fact provide service in the parts of North Carolina that were once covered by GTE before the merger. Unfortunately, I do not know what areas they are. I work for Embarq (a spinoff of the Sprint Nextel merger) as a central office technician. They are hiring I&M technicians here in NC all the time. Go to High Speed Internet - Local Phone & Wireless Phone Services | Embarq and follow the links for jobs. Best of luck to you.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,955 times
Wink Verizon in NC

You have to realize to people that don't have Verizon Communications in their area Verizon Wireless is Verizon. Verizon as you know it from NY does not exist in NC. Verizon is in NC however, mostly in the rural areas and small towns. Monroe, NC; Marshville, NC; Wingate, NC all have Verizon but it is not former Bell Atlantic it is former GTE.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:11 PM

10 posts, read 61,303 times
There are a number of Verizon offices in North Carolina. A major work campus is actually located in Cary. This facility mainly supports network operations across monitoring, provisioning, and user functions.

I work for Verizon Business here in Ashburn, VA. If you work for another Verizon entity (i.e. Corporate, Wireless) if may be VERY difficult to transfer out/into another entity. In most cases, your resume may not even be accepted.

There is also an office located in Charlotte as well as Raleigh-Durham. Hope this helps. You may want to check out Verizon Business' website to check for open positions. There is no internal posting across the various entities.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:13 PM

10 posts, read 46,216 times
Thanks for everyones help. Its greatly appreciated.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:44 PM

13 posts, read 85,431 times
Default Verizon is here...

I am in Wilmington and work for the phone company. There is a huge Verizon Call center here in town. If you want to work inside, I'm sure you could apply there.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:41 PM

7 posts, read 27,120 times
Default hey garyman

We live out in western nc, Asheville. Bellsouth which is now at&t is out here. He is an outside service tech, we transferred up from fla several months ago.
let me know if you have any other ?'s.
also, if you are outside, and plan on coming this far east, plan on doing lots of pole climbing! its gotten him in excellent shape!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 AM

13 posts, read 88,059 times
I live in Durham, NC and Verizon provide services for local and long distance calls.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:49 AM

787 posts, read 3,573,818 times
Most of the eastern part of NC is covered by Embarq which was formerly Sprint. Way before that it was Carolina Telephone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina